Recent global posts widget links to [main-site]/slug not [sub-site]/slug.

Hi Guys,

I have a strange problem. I've installed Recent global posts widget (and post indexer) and added the widget to my mainsite. The content and title is displayed correctly, but the permalink behind the title refers to [main-site-url]/slug not [sub-site-url]/slug resulting in a 404.

I've checked the source code and found out that the network_get_permalink(); function returns the wrong url. Even if i edit the code and replace it with:

network_get_permalink( $post->BLOG_ID );

or

network_get_permalink( $post->BLOG_ID, $post->ID );

Thanks in advance!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Frank Oonk,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked this is my system, and it works fine. The posts are indexed without any issue, and the Recent global posts widgets are pointing to the correct slug for subsites, and main site. I checked your main site, and it seems like your Recent global posts widget is empty, so I wasn't able to notice the slug issue.

On checking the Post indexer settings, it seems like the none of your websites are being indexed, which is odd. Please perform a plugin conflict test, as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin is causing this issue.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I could see you already have a thread opened for the Post indexer issue, would recommend you to follow it in order to get this sorted.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/post-indexer-wont-index-my-multisite

Once your websites are indexed, please check whether you are able to replicate this issue again, so that we could give a closer look.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Frank Oonk
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi nithin,

Thanks for your quick response.

Short after i started this topic, all the data dissappeared from post indexer. :slight_frown:

I would like to get a solution for the problem lying underneath concerning post indexer. But i think the support engineer forgot about the other topic :slight_smile: i didn't recieve a response since the end of last week.

Maybe you can send Vaughan a friendly note?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hey Frank Oonk,

Sorry to know about the new issue, I could see Vaughan has already requested for FTP credentials, he'll get back to you asap. Once done, please let us know whether you are able to replicate the same issue, as stated in this thread. We would be glad to take it from there. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.