Recent Global Posts Widget not showing in widgets

Looking to use the Recent Global Posts Widget, but after network install – no widget is available. Am I missing something?

* WordPress Network Up to date (version 4.4.2), folder install

* Genesis theme framework – tested with twentyfifteen

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Jack, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I’m seeing that the posts are loading inside of the Recent Posts Widget on my test site (got the Twenty Fifteen theme running right now, it’s a subfolder install as well), could you enable Support Access to your site, so I can have a closer look at your site?

What’s the site on the network in question here, by the way?

Please advise,

Michael

• Jack Alltrade
    • Just A Community Member

Done, subsite I’ve been testing with is labeled “site title” but it’s safe to experiment with any of the network sites, as I’m in the middle of a rebuild.

The widget doesn’t appear on any of the network sites – end goal is to have the widget in the main network site and possibly some of the subsites depending on content..

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Jack, thanks for doing that! :slight_smile:

One thing I noticed was that our Post Indexer plugin hadn’t been installed, I’ve taken care of installing that for you (as our Recent Posts Widget plugin requires that).

In regards to displaying the widget on other sites in the network, though, that’s where you’ll need to insert the following into your site’s wp-config.php (above the line that says “That’s all, stop editing!”:wink::

define( 'RECENT_GLOBAL_POSTS_WIDGET_MAIN_BLOG_ONLY', false);

Kind Regards,

Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.