Recipe Plugin

I have some clients on my network who would like a recipe formatting/printing plugin.

One of the best recipe plugins has stopped working with recent WP updates and the other good one doesn't have a print function and seems to have been abandoned.

Thanks for considering.

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

Greetings ProSapien +100 for this it would really be nice to have the great theme of WPMU made a recipe plugin, but a big must is gotta have integration with ziplist.com this website and, or IOS and android app once you are in that network it gets you everywhere, big traffic to your site.

In another note, don't know if this of help to your client, but they actually have a free plugin for WordPress, that put you on their network, you can find it in the next link get.ziplist.com/partner-with-ziplist/many-ways-to-integrate/WordPress-recipe-plugin/ if you have this plugin install when people save to their recipe box, they will be able to see it on their android or iPhone app, it has the print option too, etc. if you don't want to install their plugin, they base it on a free plugin from another developer here the link as well, sushiday.com/recipe-seo-plugin would be nice if WPMU could make something like this :wink: or buy out her plugin, or hire her as a developer.

Cheers, Hope this is of help to you.
    Regards
    Alex

• ProSapien
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks elpino. I'll check out ziplist. It has mediocre reviews, but I'll see how it works with multisite. I like that the edit occurs within the post page, not elsewhere.

I just like to stick to WPMUDev plugins when possible. They are more responsive than most developers and keep making things better.

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

Greetings ProSapien

I just like to stick to WPMUDev plugins when possible. They are more responsive than most developers and keep making things better.

Thats why i said:

would be nice if WPMU could make something like this :wink: or buy out her plugin, or hire her as a developer.

The girl made this plugin for her own recipe blog site, dont know if its on the WordPress repository, it has top SEO, and gets you on google recipe microblog index, anyway this ziplist company pick it up and made a business out of this girl free plugin, and what business they have all big recipe sites in their network, marthastewart, etc, and all the little ones, i personally use it to pickup the groceries the app of course and i do a search via iphone for recipes it gets me all the pages using this WordPress plugin so big plus that drive traffic to your site. so can monetize the recipe site with google ads etc, or plain affiliates.

Cheers, hope this is of some help
    Regards
    Alex

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Folks,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer team to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you all for being WPMU DEV Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

• GreenTiger
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I would totally love to see a wpmu recipe plugin. I was just looking at ziplist last month, and shared your concern about some of the "less than glowing" reviews.

If you've taken the plunge, I think I'll try to do the same... and try ziplist. Will keep you posted of any of issues I run into. Hope you keep us posted of any progress you make!

Regards,

Kathy

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

Greetings Joe yes there is, ziplist even made a business of a recipe plugin, one that everyone who has ios uses, for grocery shopping and recipes, since it gathers all the recipes from all the blogs over the world that are on their network including the big sites like Martha Stewart, etc. Really BIG BUSINNES all women cook all over the world, and most have a nice recipe site.

The Chef Biz has gone so big! that there are more than 10 reality chef shows just on the us, and each of then make lots of money and have great ratings, and the local country's rip offs are making money and all these chef and regular cooking house wifes make a recipe website, to burn time while not doing shores on there houses, i think you could buy out the girls plugin that ziplist base theirs and develop from there, or EVEN BETTER made a new one with the great wpmu developers, just gave the buy option since i see you are all busy with the current plugins being develop.

Cheers
    Alex

• ProSapien
    • The Crimson Coder

all women cook all over the world, and most have a nice recipe site.

Alex, um, no. All women do not cook. Some women don't cook. Some men cook, too. And most women do not have a recipe site.

Other than that, I agree, recipes are huge business because people (of both genders) eat food. Just look at sites like AllRecipes.com and some of the most lucrative personal blogs are foodie blogs. (Because, again, all people eat. The demographic is 100% of the human population.)

The fact that Joe was surprised at this need brings up a thought. I don't know how many women are on the WPMUDev staff, but given that most blogs are owned by women, it might be a good idea to have some female input about what the blogging community needs in the way of plugins and add-ons.

Anyway, keep voting up this topic! :slight_smile:

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

Alex, um, no. All women do not cook. Some women don't cook. Some men cook, too. And most women do not have a recipe site.

Sorry bro i generalized by gender.

Other than that, I agree, recipes are huge business because people (of both genders) eat food. Just look at sites like AllRecipes.com and some of the most lucrative personal blogs are foodie blogs. (Because, again, all people eat. The demographic is 100% of the human population.)

You got it better there.

Cheers

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Everyone,

I cook as well and love every minute of it and admit that I do nto get to do it enough.

With my Grand Parents when they were still alive my Grand Mother Baked and my Grand Father cooked :slight_smile:

Thank you for your input!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Everyone,

Thank you all for your participation in this thread, +1's, etc. and though this is more of a plugin request rather then a feature request I will bring it to the lead developer's @Aaron's attention and acknowledge that it may indeed be possible with a theme - but that decision of course is reserved by the developer/coder team.

In any event, this sounds like a great in demand project that our members woudl love to have.

Thanks again for being WPMU DEV Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

• ProSapien
    • The Crimson Coder

Great, Joe, thanks!

Not sure what you mean by "possible with a theme." Hopefully the plugin would be theme-independent. The one I'm using now works with any theme.

As has been said, printability, and ziplist compatibility would be very important features.

• mette_frederiksen
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

In any event, this sounds like a great in demand project that our members woudl love to have.

I sure would love it :slight_smile:

I would rather have a plugin than a theme (I guess). Because i would like to combine it with revenue sharing (don't know if this would be possible with "only a theme")

Printability is also one of the things that i would say is important.
    Search by ingredients would be nice too (take a look at http://www.supercook.com/)
    The ability for readers to ad more photos to the recipe, cooking time, reviews etc.

But it sure would be nice also to have some recipe/cooking related themes here at etc. wpmudev that shows prep time, ratings, photos and titles at the homepage.

Thanks Mette

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.