Recommend the appropriate theme options and whether to multisite?

Hey there. I hope you are doing well. I am looking for recommendations on theme selection, and advice on whether I should multisite.

First, a little background. Second, my help requests.

BACKGROUND
I am trying to set up several work areas for international collaboration. Each could have a different theme but all would be all under one site name. In other words, eventually I want to have areas for things such as language groups (a site for kreyol, for bhel, for french), interest groups (our board, our staff, our supporters) and probably other areas as well. Someone working in the Bhel language would be able to access and to work in the Bhel section, but could not access the Board section without being a Board member. We want to be able to hold virtual meetings, store documents, collaborate on projects and hold discussions.

I am familiar with setting up and using WordPress, but have never used multisite. When I have been experimenting, I I set up a subblog and used it to develop the main blog. We can try multisite, but I do not want to do something too big for my talent.

REQUESTS:
1. Do our goals sound like they would fit better under a multisite setup or could we do it with catagories and subblogs?

2. What theme would you recommend for hosting hte kind of functions described (discussions, forums, archiving, collaboration)?

THANKS
I appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you.

/Steve/

• Vaughan

hiya

thanks for posting.

If you are wanting each to have their own site with a different theme, then yes multisite would be ideal in that situation. you could use the pro-sites plugin if you want other users to be able to register & create their own sites.

it sounds like multisite may work for you, and for the forums & groups, you could utilise BuddyPress & bbpress plugins to create social profiles with discussion forums.

If you require different membership levels, then i would recommend our membership plugin too, it's a task to setup initially, so read the included PDF that comes with the plugin carefully before plunging into it. but it is an extremely powerful plugin.

as for theme, i'm not sure I'm the right person to ask, there are many great themes to choose from, so it would be a matter of searching & finding one that suits your style. we have quite a few here, but would recommend that you use a theme that's compatible with BuddyPress should you choose to use Buddypress plugin.

there are also some great themes over at themeforest.net

hope this helps, if you require any further assistance please ask.

thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.