Recommended Premium Web Hosting Companies

I have done a search and can't find anything since 2012 regarding web hosting.

I am not looking for shared service. I am looking for something more robust and understand that it will be more costly.

Right now I am looking at MDDHosting, LightningBase, and Media Temple. Does anyone use this vendors? Feedback... the good and the not so good. If not who are you using and how satisfied are you?

I am looking for US based companies.

Cheers
Stacey

• Michelle Shull

Heya, Stacey!

I've not personally used any of the three you're looking at, but I hear good things about Media Temple. I've been using WebSynthesis for a year or so for my big production site, and I'm really happy with them.

If you're savvy, you may want to take a look at Digital Ocean, as well. You've got 111% control, so you need to have a pretty good idea about what's happening on the server side, but it's really cheap and the servers are blazing fast. Plus, if you mess something up, you can kill your whole site in seconds. I've found that very handy when I'm testing a dozen bugs at once.

WPEngine is great, but pricey. LunarPages has the best support team I've ever worked with, but they don't have the hardware to support a high traffic site without it costing you an arm and a leg. I have friends who are pretty happy with BlueHost, but they all run fairly simple sites, I have no idea how they'd support a big site.

I think what you want is a dedicated plan, where you're the only site (or sites) on your server. Dedicated hosting plans are usually priced by how many features the particular server you're renting has; harddrive space, connection speed, memory, and bandwidth availability.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I threw too much at you here at once, we can talk about any of these options in more detail. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.