Reconfigure manually extended Pro-Site

Awhile back, I had a site whose Pro-Sites status had cancelled--even though his payments were being collected on a monthly basis by Stripe. In an attempt to restore service to this site, I manually extended their access.

Since then, I have been unable to re-connect them to Stripe. I have cancelled their subscription through Stripe, refunded their payment, and cancelled their subscription through Pro-Sites. I then had the user log on, and go through the subscription process again, entering their credit card. They were given an error that since their account was manually extended, it likely would not renew correctly.

I am stuck--I need to somehow undo the mistake I made with the manual extension, and revert the user to auto-renew, as payments are made through Stripe. Is this something you can help with?

Thank you!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Amanda,

Can I correctly assume that you give your user permanent pro site level and it still has that level when you try to subscribe again?
    If yes, then please first remove pro site level from that site

and then ask user for resubscribe?

Let me know if thats the case and if this helps.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Amanda Bilderback
    • Flash Drive

I can't recall whether I did a permanent manual extension, or just for a period of time.

In trying to remove Pro Site status, I noticed that I'm not seeing any of the options you display in your screenshot above. This is what I'm seeing:

And then, when I click the "modify" button, I see this:

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Amanda Bilderback,

Terribly sorry for the delay, but it seems like the support access got expired. Could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Amanda Bilderback
    • Flash Drive

Can you help me understand what you'll be checking if I grant you access? My client is particular about giving access to their site. It's not a development environment, it is a live site, so we must be careful not to break anything. If you could explain what you're going to check, I can relate it to them, and see if they will give me approval to grant you access.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks!
    Amanda

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Amanda,

We want to check why status of that particular site looks like on your screen and not like on ours. We wont disable, install anything or change settings on your site. We want to take a look what could be wrong there.
    That is normal procedure for investigating those type of issues.
    If you decide to grant us access please leave in support message what is ID of that site.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Amanda Bilderback
    • Flash Drive

Hi, Kasia,

Thanks for the explanation. My client has given permission for me to share the site with you. I have enabled support as you requested. Our site is http://www.yesco.com. I'm not sure what else you need from me to be able to look. Please recall this is a production site, so any changes need to be reviewed before we proceed. Thanks for your help! I'm anxious to hear what you find.

Thanks!
    Amanda

• Amanda Bilderback
    • Flash Drive

I have a new detail to add. This morning I was going through our Pro Sites settings, and discovered that our Stripe payment gateway settings had been dropped. This is the 3rd, maybe 4th, time this has happened. I don't know why it happens. Once I reconfigured the API keys and activated the payment gateway, I'm now able to see "Manually Extend Pro Site Status" options on the dashboard. I still cannot, however, see the options to "Remove Pro Sites Status". Please help at your earliest opportunity. Thank you!! -Amanda

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Amanda,

I'm now able to see "Manually Extend Pro Site Status" options on the dashboard. I still cannot, however, see the options to "Remove Pro Sites Status".

That status shows only when site has Pro Site status. If you see that you can add Pro Site Status it means that this site does not have it and that is why you can't remove it.
    I checked other site with pro level and that option is visible for that page.
    But now, when you reconfigured Stripe and we know that (I only assume, because you haven't left a site ID in support message, so I can't check) that site does not have Pro level you should be able (or your client) get new pro site plan for that site.
    Can you try now?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Amanda Bilderback
    • Flash Drive

Hi, Kasia,

The site that I'm most concerned about, I've included a screenshot below. I removed Stripe subscription for this client, and cancelled Pro-Site status on it, then had them re-subscribe, and what happened is Pro Sites logged an acknowledgement of the transaction, but the Pro Site status still expired, and I do not have an option to remove Pro Site status. I am confused what order I should attempt to restore this user's access. Please see attachment:

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Amanda Bilderback,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

As mentioned by Kasia, since the subsite doesn't have a Level assigned, there isn't an option to remove the Pro Site status. Could you please manually assigning a level, and check how that goes:

Also, instead of asking the user to re-subscribe, you could try the Stripe Reactivate option as seen in the above screenshot, and see whether that helps.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Amanda Bilderback
    • Flash Drive

Hi! Thanks for the response. I have done what you advised, and manually extended my site, then clicked on the Stripe Reactivation option. I am still seeing that the site will expire at the end of the day today. I'm not sure what to try next. Please advise. Thank you!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Amanda Bilderback,

It seems like the pro site level got assigned, not sure why it shows expire day as seen in your screenshot. Is it possible that you could enable support access, so that I could check your current configuration to have a better idea about this, and ping the developer for his feedback regarding this. Please do mention the subsite id, which is showing this anomalies.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Amanda Bilderback
    • Flash Drive

Also, quickly, the only way I could get my client to agree to opening support access was with the assurance that no changes/disables/deletes, etc. would be made to the site. Please research only, then let me know what you find. This is a production site, and I would hate to do something to break it.

Thanks for your understanding!

Amanda

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Amanda Bilderback,

Thank you for enabling support access, I checked your system, and your settings do look fine. Since you did mention not to make any changes in it, I'm pinging the developer, so that he would be able to give a better idea about this issue. Please do keep the access open till then, will keep you posted, once I get an update from him asap.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Amanda Bilderback,

I got an update from the developer, he would like to give a closer look at this issue. Could you please send us your credentials, so that I could pass these to the developer, and ask him to see where it's causing this issue.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -PHPMyAdmin access(host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Amanda Bilderback,

Thank you for sending in the credentials, FTP, and Dashboard is working fine. However, it seems like the WP Dashboard credentials doesn't have access to the network admin, so I wasn't able to check the Pro sites settings.

Regarding PHPMyAdmin, the developer did ask this specifically, it would be really helpful for him to check what's going on with the payments, and subscription.

Please do send me the PHPMyAdmin access, so that the developer could troubleshoot this further. You can send the credentials the same way as above. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Amanda Bilderback,

Thank you for sending in the credentials, I checked the credentials, and they are working fine now. I'm passing the credentials to the developer, and I'll also let him know that it's a production site, so that he would be give a closer look. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Amanda Bilderback
    • Flash Drive

Hi,

I was just checking in for an update--my client is getting anxious for a solution. Please provide an update at your earliest convenience. I sent over the requested FTP credentials using the private contact, which you confirmed worked; then earlier this week I had someone else from your company contacted me telling me he needed the FTP details. I hope there's not confusion.

I appreciate anything you can do to get us an update. Thank you!

-Amanda

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Amanda,

That was developer asking for cPanel credentials - they were not working for him at the moment, hence this email.
    But I'm checking them now and they are correct and I could login. I will send message to developer about that and see what is problem there.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Amanda Bilderback,

I'm passing your concerns to the developer, and I'm directly messaging the developer regarding the status of this thread, and will make sure to bring in attention regarding the priority of this thread. Will keep you posted once we have an update on this issue. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Amanda Bilderback
    • Flash Drive

I have an issue where an expired Pro Site is down hard, with the error: Fatal error: Call to a member function retrieve() on a non-object in /home/yesftp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-stripe.php on line 3303

Aside from removing Pro Sites, I'm not sure how to restore service. Please help!

Thanks,
    Amanda

• Amanda Bilderback
    • Flash Drive

Hi, Kasia,

I attempted what the other solution recommended--I attempted to extend the site for a month, and checked to try reconnecting it to it's Stripe subscription. When I clicked the 'Extend' button, I received this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function retrieve() on a non-object in /home/yesftp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-stripe.php on line 3079

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
    Amanda

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Amanda Bilderback,

Could you please specify on which expired site you are trying to perform this action? So that we could test this in your system, and see how that goes. Since it's a live site, I didn't make any such changes.

Please do let us know, so that I could also ping the developer to check whether we could have any quick workaround regarding this specific issue.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.