Recurring Affiliate Commissions

Hi,

I want to offer recurring commssions to my affiliates using the Membership Premium Plugin, Affiliate Plugin and Pro-sites.

Is this feature available yet?

I have read through the Community Forum etc and see that there are lots of your customers begging for this standard feature.

thanks

Shaun

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Shaun,

Thank you for asking about this feature and yes there are many folks who have asked about recurring commissions.

As a matter of fact to the best of my knowledge it is on the to do list and it is certainly not in a support staff beta yet.

That is all the news I have at this time regarding this subject.

I will indeed endorse this with my +1 and move it to the feature requests area.

Anyone else with +1’s for this feature?!?

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hi there @shauncr

Unfortunately the plugin currently only works as you mentioned on the first payment. I will move this to the feedback and requests section which we keep a close eye on, In the meantime the only thing i can do is tag the developer to see if there are any plans for this in a future release. Other than that you could try our jobs board or tweakey.com and see if someone could modify the plugin for you if you cant wait.

p.s. I saw @aecnu beat me to the mark here.

Sorry that’s about all we can do at the moment, but we do take customer feedback very seriously and try to incorporate as many popular requests as possible,

Cheers

Tom

• shauncr
    • Flash Drive

thanks, it’s good that you are looking into this.

This is a fundamental feature of any serious affiliate marketing campaign, especially when used in conjunction with a Membership site.

No serious affiliate is going to promote a monthly membership if they only get paid for the first month, it is not worth their time, effort and expenditure!

It’s true that new clients can be billed yearly but that greatly reduces conversions or you have to have a very low membership fee.

I am surprised that a Premium Plugin does not have this feature as standard…

• slife
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello folks,

@joe and Tom, I give +1 too for this feature.

Like Shaun, i’m waiting for this add-on who is very fundamental.

Another add-on who’s very important too, is to manage different rates of commissions with Pro-sites. (x % for Level1 upgrade, y % for Level2 upgrade, ect…:wink:

Basicaly, maybe you can only give the ability to change the amount of the commission by the “% of commission”.

If we can setup the % of commissions instead an amount, it will be more simply for each “prosite level” who don’t have the same pricing.

So, i give +1 for “recurring commission”

and i give +1 for “% of commissions” and / or “setup by each prosite levels”.

Have a good day…:wink:

Bertrand

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I want to offer recurring commssions to my affiliates using the Membership Premium Plugin, Affiliate Plugin and Pro-sites.

Is this feature available yet?

Have you tried changing the configuration setting that sets the affiliate plugin to only pay once? It was added so that the Pay Once option could be removed easily, but it’s been a while since the supporter / pro-sites add-on was developed I haven’t tested it recently, though it should still work.

Here are some posts with more information :

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/recurring-comission-for-affiliates#post-193319

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/please-confirm-how-affiliate-plugin-works-for-recurring-payments#post-94906

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/is-affiliate-plugin-setup-to-track-residual-commissions#post-227510

• slife

Hello Tom,

This is the result of my check :

1/ i changed this line : define(‘AFFILIATE_PAYONCE’, ‘yes’:wink:;

By this line : define(‘AFFILIATE_PAYONCE’, ‘no’:wink:;

2/ I make a payment for a prosite upgrade

Result : 1 commission done for the sponsor (OK)

3/ I downgrade this Blog on Prosite panel control

4/ I make a second payment for this prosite upgrade

Result : 1 commission done again for the sponsor (OK)

5/ I make a payment on the store in marketpress

Result : 1 commission done again for the sponsor (OK)

so, it seem all is OK with this settings…

3 commissions are granted for the sponsor.

Only thing i didn’t check is to wait for the “automatic next monthly rebilling” with prosites.

In fact, i must wait 30days to check if the rebilling give a commission again to the sponsor.

I hope this can help you Tom..

p.s : My next challenge is to wait for developper to have the possibility to set % instead $ for the sponsor on affiliate plugin… (on Supporter payments settings)

I can’t set 1$ or 10$ on this, i need to set a % because a i have multiple levels…

Friendly,

Bertrand

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Bertrand,

Thank you for your great input and sharing your test results.

You did not mention where you changed the:

i changed this line : define(‘AFFILIATE_PAYONCE’, ‘yes’:wink:;

By this line : define(‘AFFILIATE_PAYONCE’, ‘no’:wink:;

Could you please post that here for the benefit of other members?

My next challenge is to wait for developper to have the possibility to set % instead $ for the sponsor on affiliate plugin… (on Supporter payments settings)

I can’t set 1$ or 10$ on this, i need to set a % because a i have multiple levels…

For this to possibly happen we need to put in a separate ticket if you have not already due to it is a completely different developer managing the Pro Sites plugin and we will want to propose this as a feature request.

However, I am indeed interested in seeing the results from your Pro Sites recurring commissions test as well.

Thank you again for the input.

Please let us know where you changed the define line.

Cheers, Joe

• slife

Hi Joe,

Oups sorry :wink:

This define line is on ==> Line 8: /affiliate/affiliateincludes/includes/config.php

1/ On my first screenshot you can see a test with 3 purchases.

an affiliate of "computeropera" make 3 payments with value to : YES

an affiliate of "test1bertrand" make 3 payments with the value to : NO

You can see 3 generated payment for the sponsor ==> "test1bertrand"

You can see only 1 generated payment for the sponsor ==> "computeropera"

So, this define line working perfectly with the value YES or NO :wink:

2/ On my 2nd screenshot you can see the sponsor amount settings for prosites

They are not on Prosite plugin but on affiliates plugin.

This is the affiliates plugin who's giving commissions for prosites upgrades :wink:

3/ Do i need open a new ticket on "affiliate plugin" to have the possibility to have a % setting ?

Because i think this is already on studdy ? ==> https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/does-the-affiliate-plugin-have-an-option-for-percentage-payments-versus-a-fixed-dollar-amount

Have a good day Joe…

Bertrand

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Bertrand,

Thank you for posting the additional information which should indeed be helpful to other members and thank you for the screen shots as well.

To address the commission percentage request to Pro Sites appropriately, I think we will need to ask the lead developer of Pro Sites about this.

Therefore to that end and goal, please create a ticket specifically addressing Pro Sites and then we can put it in as a feature request relative to Pro Sites alone :smiley:

Thanks again for sharing the above including screen shots and for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• slife

OK Joe, thank you.

Il will open a new ticket on ProSites category very soon…

Thank you too for the “rep points” :wink:

Keep your good support on wpmu team, this is fantastic for our Business to have guys like you :slight_smile:

See you…

Bertrand

• slife

Hi Guys,

@ Ray, yes that’s working fine with pro-sites renewal and marketpress.

I did lot of checks manually and i have no problem today.

@theblogworkshop, by default, affiliate is paying only one time ! (Value = YES)

You need to change the value by “NO” if you want the affiliate have multiple commissions.

You need to edit this file on plugin folder, this settings are not in config area :

This define line is on ==> Line 8: /affiliate/affiliateincludes/includes/config.php

I hope this can help you.

Cheers

• slife

Hello again :wink:

@tom, no problem…If this can help other members that’s cool !

@the blogworkshop, you need to anderstand that’s not a setting to define a “frequency payment” basicly.

With the “NO” value, you set ability to an affiliate having a commission everytime his subscriber make a purchase.

That mean the affiliate have a commission each time his subscriber make a renewal for prosites (monthly, 3 months, or 12 months) AND each purchase on marketpress for example.

With the “YES” value, affiliate have only 1 commission when his subscriber make 1 or 10 purchases (prosites or marketpress)

This setting is only to give recuring or non-recuring payments to an afiliate from one of his referal subscriber.

I hope this help you…

• slife

Hum i don’t use membership on my platform.

But this plugin is integrated with “affiliates”, so i think you can have the same results yes ! :slight_smile:

Dont’ forget to activate membership on the “add-ons” section of Affiliates config panel of course..

Good luck !

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.