Recurring Ecommerce

I'd like to use this for http://services.honorableseo.com I was using woocommerce before but I couldn't get the recurring features to work.

So my question is... Does this have an option for recurring and is going to take a team of rocket scientists to make it work?

I have monthly services I offer and I need it to work with paypal (most important) anything else is just a bonus!

Thank you,

• Milan

Hello Nathan

Hope you are well today and thanks for opening new thread for your this issue. :slight_smile: I appreciate that you followed my instruction on this. :slight_smile:

Now after taking deep look at MarketPress's settings panel, I can confirm that there isn't any in built in way of making payment system recurring. And it will require accountable amount of custom work to be done. For that you can hire developer on your own or use our Job Portal too if you wish too.

But out of surprise, why you want to make recurring payment flow with E-Commerce. ? I am just asking this because if there is something else I can suggest you regarding this, I would love to suggest. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing back Nathan. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Holger

you could create a page, that is only visible to members (part of membership functionality), where you place a contact form for exactly the information you want?

Just my first idea

Or maybe even nicer: you use the support plugin for this part. they send you a ticket.
    I think, it depends on how you want to deal with it :wink:

kind regards and a great day :slight_smile:

Holger.
    mehr-Freu.dezieltraum.decoachassistant.de

• Nathan

Okay so I'd create the membership area for the service and have a support ticket inside the members area? And they would send a personalize support ticket that I would receive?

Now how exactly does the membership area work in terms of recurring say with paypal? Do I need to do some weird IPN to get the subscription to stick? I guess the biggest hurdle that I've not yet been able to conquer with woocommerce.

Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Nathan,

To go a bit back here to these questions:

Is there an option for them to send in their information after joining a 'membership?'

You can use BuddyPress and Xprofile fields plugin to create custom registration forms where you can get more information from your clients.

Now how exactly does the membership area work in terms of recurring say with paypal? Do I need to do some weird IPN to get the subscription to stick?

There's no need to setup IPN, just fill in required fields in M2 settings for PayPal gateway and you're good to go.

Okay so I'd create the membership area for the service and have a support ticket inside the members area? And they would send a personalize support ticket that I would receive?

This depends on how exactly you want this to work, there's no ticketing system in M2 but you could use Private Messaging for communication.

And about your last question:

I need to know when someone unsubscribes to their membership, as I'm looking to the horizon on this one and will have some VAs taking care of things and I need to have a way to let them know not to do a service if it's not been paid.

There are two things you can do here, if you go to Membership 2 > All Members you will see Canceled filter to show list of users that canceled their membership.

Other way would be to go to Membership 2 > Settings > Automated Email Responses and load Subscription - Canceled template, scroll down and enable "Send copy to Administrator" option so when users canceled you will get email with that notification.

Let me know if this helps or if I missed anything :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag