Recurring Event with no Time and Indefinite, Using Shortcodes, and Disappearing Events

I have a few questions on the Events+ plugin. I hope you don't mind me lumping them all:

Question Series 1: Recurring Event with no Time and Indefinite Recurrences
I see that you can have a single event where you are able to exclude the time (all day event), but this option is not available for recurring events. Is this a planned (relatively soon) addition?

Also, there is no option to have an event recur indefinitely. I realize that's probably because it actually creates the future events as post types and that would be a butt load of events- the crash and burn kind. But is there a way to maybe circumvent this somehow to allow events that recur indefinitely, until it is canceled? Perhaps not creating the future events indefinitely, but "renew" the event after a time so it will keep creating them?

My scenario is that I need to add drink specials that occur once a week (with no time specified), every week. The no time thing is definitely the more pressing thing, but it would be nice not to have to remember to create the event again once my "Until" date comes up.

Pretty Pictures (proof in the puddin'):
Recurring Event Wants a Time
Single Event Don't Need No Time

Question Series 2: Using Shortcodes
My root slug for events is set to /calendar. If I want to utilize the shortcodes to customize my calendar, do I create a new page with that name and insert the shortcode in the body? Will that override the default template in the settings? If not, how do I override the root with extra settings?

How would you override single events with a shortcode as well?

And when creating the shortcode, do you put the attribute in quotes? For example, do I write [eab_calendar show_excerpt=true] or [eab_calendar show_excerpt="true"]. I couldn't find any examples in the documentation.

Pretty Pictures:
Root URL for Events
Trying to Override Root With a Page... Nothin'

Question Series 3: Migration and Disappearing Events
My last question(s) (promise!)... I just migrated this site to a new domain and the events that were created previously don't show up in the back end list of events. I don't mind just flushing these somehow because they were more test events than anything. Do I do that in the database? I tried creating a new event as well. It shows up in the calendar, but not in the back end list.

Pretty Pictures:
Events are Hiding
Found in Calendar

You've reached the end. Thanks in advance for getting through my novel.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lab,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your questions!

Question Series 1: Recurring Event with no Time and Indefinite Recurrences
    I see that you can have a single event where you are able to exclude the time (all day event), but this option is not available for recurring events. Is this a planned (relatively soon) addition?

You are able to go to "edit instances" in that same widget then you can go to each one and edit it individually, selecting all day event. A bit more work, but still much faster than creating a new event each time :slight_smile:

I will mark this a feature request as well so the developer is notified. I think it would be a cool one to have. Unfortunately, we can't give ETA's on features or anything as they can often change when it comes to development.

As for infinite you can always just put the "until date" waaay in the future like 2050 or something :slight_smile:

Question Series 2: Using Shortcodes
    My root slug for events is set to /calendar. If I want to utilize the shortcodes to customize my calendar, do I create a new page with that name and insert the shortcode in the body? Will that override the default template in the settings? If not, how do I override the root with extra settings?

The root you can only edit with the options in the events settings, mostly just the appearance. It is meant to be more of the main calendar with everything on it. Then you can use the shortcodes on any pages to create more specified calendars. The /calendar page is a virtual page so you won't be able to edit it. With that said, you can change your menu links to the specific shortcode page if needed :slight_smile:

Question Series 3: Migration and Disappearing Events
    My last question(s) (promise!)... I just migrated this site to a new domain and the events that were created previously don't show up in the back end list of events. I don't mind just flushing these somehow because they were more test events than anything. Do I do that in the database? I tried creating a new event as well. It shows up in the calendar, but not in the back end list.

Yes, that's related to the 4.0 update. Very sorry for the inconvenience there! I will add this to the bug ticket as well :slight_smile:

In the meantime, let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with. More than happy to help. Thanks a ton for all the detail you've put in as well.

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler