Recurring Option for Front End Editor on Buddypress

I am wondering if there had been any progress on the issue regarding recurring option on events in the front end editor of buddypress.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/recurring-events-option-not-available-on-front-end-editor#post-203527

This is greatly needed for my purpose.

thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings idolfit,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I have checked on that previous ticket which is 7 months old and this plugin has had many advancements in development since that time to include updates as well.

Please install the current version and let us know what issues you may have with the current version if any.

Look forward to hearing from you in any event.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• idolfit
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe, thanks for your reply. I am using Version 1.4.1, which I believe is the most up to date version.

I installed this before on an fresh install of buddypress and the recurring option was available. Is there a chance of a conflicting plugin?

connect.idolfit.com

username test
    password test

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings idolfit,

Thank you for your additional input.

Your installation as you indicated is now three versions behind with the latest version being 1.4.4 - so you have missed a few.

Please update to the newest version 1.4.4 and let us know what issues you may have with the new version 1.4.4 if any.

Look forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• hypermediadotca
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi again

this is really important for me.. the main reason for this plugin is the recurring option. I purchased this a second time to upgrade to 1.4.4 and it's still not doing what I need :slight_frown:

is this recurring front end option real or not?

thanks..

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hypermediadotca,

Thank you for your input.

Here I am in the screen shot below logged in as a regular subscriber and yes that is indeed the exact role for this user, and as you can clearly see front end editing is absolutely real.

You have activated the Front-page editing add-on have you not?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings,

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings idolfit and hypermediadotca,

After a more in depth investigation into the Events+ plugin on the front end I found that the option to add recurring events is NOT present on the front end though clearly on the back end the option is present.

Therefore I am going to see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us concerning recurring events on the front end.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.