Redirect after appointment confirm

How do I send the client to a custom URL after confirmation of their appointment? As of now, they set their time and enter their info, but once confirmed, they get redirected to the appointment page again. I want to send them to a custom thank you page.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for posting.

i've had a good look through the code for the last 20 mins and unfortunately i can't find where you would change it, i think it has to redirect to that page because paypal IPN returns to that page.

i will have to get the developer in to see if he can point you in the right direction.

hope this helps

thanks

• Josh
    • New Recruit

Thanks for your responses guys.

All I really need is the ability to send confirmed appointments to any different URL. It makes no sense for the client to click a button that confirms their appointment only to be redirected to the same page again.

Think about it...

If you were setting an appointment on someone's website, you clicked the button and it just refreshed the page only to show you the calendar again, wouldn't you be confused?

I would think setting a thank you page should be a core function of the plugin and not sure why something so simple would require custom coding. Either way, if you can simply show me where I can find this particular action, I'll happily figure out the code myself.

Thanks again.

Josh

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Josh

Could you please confirm if you have the 'Payment required' field in the A+ 'General' tab set to 'Yes or 'No'

If it is set to 'No' then can you confirm you have the shortcode [app_confirmation] in your appointment page.

This shortcode presents the appointment form for the client to complete and when they click the 'confirm' button they should be presented with a 'pop-up' box indicating that the appointment has been submitted with default text being "We have received your appointment. Thanks!".

This pop-up box uses javascript so If you don't see the pop-up box can you please check to make sure you have allowed scripts in your browser.

Hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

In addition to what @pxwm said, the confirmation shortcode will call the app_location() javascript function to determine the redirection location. Perhaps you can leverage this and override the function to return the URL you wish - e.g. something like this:

window.app_location = function () { return "http://www.example.com/thx"; }

Unfortunately, the plugin doesn't currently offer a cleaner way of overriding this behavior.

• Josh
    • New Recruit

@pxwm

Thank you. I did have all those in place and was getting the javascript message. But I was looking for something a little more functional in a thank you page.

@Vladislav

Thank you also. This is more or less what I was looking to accomplish, just couldn't find where to do it.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Robbie

I've checked and as this code is javascript, I would suggest you need to add this code to the footer.php file.
    Suggest you add the code above the close body and the html tags.
    Best to do this through your cPanel

<script type="text/javascript">
    window.app_location = function () { return "http://www.example.com/thx"; }
    </script>

You need to replace the sample url in the quotemarks for those of the destination url you want the users to be directed to.

As always I would suggest you take a full backup of your site and database before making any changes so you can revert.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.