Redirect Links Within CoursePress Pro Doesnt Work With Theme

I am using a GravityForms short code inside of a coursepress unit text box with the coursepress theme. In the form, I have 4 possible redirects in place based on the users choice of fields. When hitting the submit button, the page just reloads and does not redirect. It should be redirecting to a page I created outside of the course as a "results" page for an assessment.

I reverted to the default wordpress theme and the redirects work perfectly within a course. I also tested this form on a page outside of a course with the courespress theme and the redirects worked that way as well. The redirects are just not working within a text box inside of a unit on the courespress theme installed.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hi @chris_behnke, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

First off, just to be thorough, in addition to updating both WordPress & CoursePress Pro (as I noticed that both are in need of an update), have you made sure that there aren't any plugins interfering with the process when the CoursePress theme is active?

Could you enable Support Access to your site, so that we can have a closer look at how you've got things set up here? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Black Fox
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I have updated Wordpress and Coursepress Pro. I deactivated every plugin except Coursepress Pro, Gravity Forms, and WPMU dev dashboard. The same problem is happening. The form redirects work with a page on the Coursepress theme, but not in a unit within a course. But, the form redirects work inside a unit when I activate the Wordpress default theme.

I had a similiar issue with links inside units that I sent to you guys a few weeks back, and you guys are still working on that one. Maybe it could be related?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-am-having-issues-with-links-in-text-box-units-for-coursepress-pro

Thanks again!

• Black Fox
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I see you tested it with twenty twelve. I was testing with the default wordpress theme twenty fourteen and the redirects work with that theme. I also tested it with twenty thirteen and it also works with that theme.

So the redirects don't work on the coursepress theme or the twenty twelve theme. The redirects are working on normal pages with the coursepress theme, just not inside the unit.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hi @chris_behnke, thanks for clarifying that for me. :slight_smile:

This is something I think we'll need to call in our second level support staff for, it's definitely odd that it's sending a POST request for the same page (i.e. requesting the same page when clicking on the "Submit" button for the form).

I will say that they do handle more complex tasks than we do, but while they may be a bit longer in replying here, we'll definitely try to get this sorted out for you as soon as we can! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hi @chris_behnke, my apologies for the extreme delay here!

I've just passed along another note to our SLS staff about this, but in the meantime, could you please send in the following, just in case they need it:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details
    - Include FTP log-in details
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch, hope you're having a great weekend! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hey there Chris,

Hope you are doing great today :slight_smile:

This was a hard to find issue, but I finally spotted the problem.

It seems that GF depends on 'wp' hook, which is not triggered when using the CoursePress theme.

I just pushed a small change directly to your install that will prevent the 'wp' hook being skipped.

Please give it a try and let me know if you notice any glitch caused by this change.

I'm flagging the lead developer here. I was discussing with him about this issue and he will take a look on it.

Cheers,
    Jose

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.