Redirect mapped Domain To subfolder

OK, here is what I am trying to accomplish. I have multiple subfolders websites setup and I want to assign them domains using domain mapping. I also have woocommerce shopping carts setup on each of these as well. I currently have 1 SSL certificate installed on the server and main domain. If I map the domain to the different websites, it will make the SSL ineffective for the mapped domains. I would like a way that when people go to the checkout page, it would be a page on the subfolder domain https://yourdomain.com/subfolder/check-out instead of mappeddomain.com/check-out.

Is there a way to do this? I could have up to 150 sites on this one multisite installation running this way and I dont want to have to pay for that many domains to be on a multidomain ssl.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Inspirationmedia,

Hope you are doing well today and thank you for your question! Currently this feature is not built into the plugin; however, it is something we have been looking into a lot since it is a fairly popular request. We have a major MarketPress release coming up, 3.0 that I believe will make this more doable since it adds the checkout pages as actual physical pages instead of the virtual ones that they are now.

I will flag SLS(coding experts) here just in case recent updates have made this more possible; however, I still believe that the only way to do it is to use an SSL cert for each TLD and no redirect.

Getting SSL and domain mapping to play nice is a bit tricky. This is why by default, we only allow payment gateways that don't require SSL for mapped domains.

Hope this helps and we will see if SLS has anything to add here.

In the meantime, let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

• inspirationmedia

I found a quick solution for the problem:

I made all the store links and buttons point to the subfolder site so when someone lands on the main domain, they click on the link that takes them to the subfolder and all the ordering and payment processing happens behind the SSL securely. There are a few tweeks I have left to do with wordpress, but this is a quick and simple solution.

The customer stays on the same website so nothing changes but the actual domain and that is similar enough to not make a big difference.

If I find a better solution or if you do, updates will be added.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @inspirationmedia,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

Sorry about the delay on this, your current solution would be the best way possible, unless you wanted to try hacking the plugin to get it to work for this, but it's not something that's possible out of the box with WooCommerce.

Which is similar to our MarketPress plugin, though we are re-working that process for MarketPress 3.0 so it should. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.