Redirect to localhost after login

Hi,

after updating to the latest Domain Mapping plugin today, I have issues when logging in to subsites. When I login, I am always redirected to:

http://localhost/dm-sso-endpoint/1430426114/?dm_action=domainmap-propagate-user&redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Foogopdelft.nl%2Fwp-admin%2 ...

If, afterwards, I browse to mysite.com/wp-admin once again, I find myself logged in and on my dashboard. However, this is quite annoying. I also noticed that in my javascript console, there's always a broken link to localhost, which for obvious reasons isn't going to find anything, since my local computer is not running a webserver. Or am I missing something?

It seems to have to do with the SSO feature, but I've never been able to get that to work from the getgo; I always have to login to each subsite individually with the same user account.

Please help!

Regards,
Rinck

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Bart, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

That's definitely an odd issue you've run into, but I couldn't help but notice that you now look to be running version 4.3.0.4 on your site? Did you roll back in the meantime?

If so, then given the situation on our hands here, it sounds like something that'll require deeper access, could I ask you to send in the following:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any other relevant details (e.g. the subsite you're trying to log into, how you're presently logging into it [to ensure that I'm reproducing this correctly])

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Bart

Hi Michael,

sorry for the delay in my reply. I did not roll back to an older version and all plugins are reported as up to date. I disabled the SSO feature and that solved the problem.

Since the SSO feature never worked for me in the first place and I am pretty much the only person who logs into several blogs rather than a single one, I can live with this. In fact, it seems to speed up the login process as my browser no longer attempts to connect to my localhost.

I have just activated remote support so you can take a look at the settings. Please refrain from making any changes though as this is a production site!

Regards,
    Rinck

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Bart, hope you had a great weekend! :slight_smile:

I did not roll back to an older version and all plugins are reported as up to date.

Ah okay, looks like a different site was attached to the thread here, that would explain the difference in version numbers. :slight_smile:

Since the SSO feature never worked for me in the first place and I am pretty much the only person who logs into several blogs rather than a single one, I can live with this. In fact, it seems to speed up the login process as my browser no longer attempts to connect to my localhost.

Odd, I'm still not able to reproduce this over on my end with the latest version of Domain Mapping, the SSO functionality works just fine for me when I try visiting one of subsites.

However, I did notice that the original site address for most of your sites happens to be just "/" (without quotes), which is curious... have to wonder if that's part of the problem.

I'm not seeing that an update to Domain Mapping has caused this on either of my test Multisites though (one being a subdomain, the other being a subdirectory install), so the source of this is mysterious at the moment. :disappointed:

If you'd rather leave things the way they are, we can do that, but if you'd like for us to dig into this more, then we'd be looking to work on a test Multisite of yours (one would need to be created, if you don't already have one).

Hope you're doing well today, let me know what your thoughts are please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Bart

Hi Michael,

However, I did notice that the original site address for most of your sites happens to be just "/" (without quotes), which is curious... have to wonder if that's part of the problem.

This is because other features don't work without this. For example: previewing a post does not work when I leave the site settings as "maindomain.com/blogname"; when I change this to "blogdomain.com/" it works as expected.

I also ran into issues with Jetpack without changing the URL to "blogdomain.com/".

I do have a testsite setup, but only within my local network so I'd have to see if I can somehow grant you access to that environment without to much hassle for either of us. I would like to see it fixed, since logging into all blogs is becoming more and more cumbersome, especially since the number of blogs keeps growing every month.

- Rinck

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Bart,

This is because other features don't work without this. For example: previewing a post does not work when I leave the site settings as "maindomain.com/blogname"; when I change this to "blogdomain.com/" it works as expected.

I also ran into issues with Jetpack without changing the URL to "blogdomain.com/".

A pair of questions:

- When you say:

For example: previewing a post does not work when I leave the site settings as "maindomain.com/blogname"

With the URL structure mentioned, this would mean that you've got a subdirectory Multisite in place, correct?

- And:

when I change this to "blogdomain.com/" it works as expected.

I assume that "blogdomain.com" is the domain you've mapped to the subsite via Domain Mapping?

I get the feeling that what you're running into here (regarding the SSO redirect) would be due to changes you've made to the site addresses, I'd be curious to know if reverting them on your test site would make a difference...

Please advise,
    Michael

• Bart

Hi Michael,

With the URL structure mentioned, this would mean that you've got a subdirectory Multisite in place, correct?

Yes, this is correct.

I assume that "blogdomain.com" is the domain you've mapped to the subsite via Domain Mapping?

Also correct.

I haven't tried the SSO feature after reverting, simply because it is not a viable option for me. Jetpack also has issues when the registered URL (mainblog.ext/site) is different from the actual URL in use (siteblog.ext), in addition to the other issues I already mentioned.

I'd be happy to do some testing if needed; could you indicate what specifically you would want me to test?

Thanks,
    Rinck

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Bart,

I haven't tried the SSO feature after reverting, simply because it is not a viable option for me.

Not viable because of the Jetpack and post preview issues, or is there something else I'm not aware of?

Jetpack also has issues when the registered URL (mainblog.ext/site) is different from the actual URL in use (siteblog.ext), in addition to the other issues I already mentioned.

I'd like to have a closer look at these issues in action, would you happen to have a test site that's live (on the web)? I'd be in a better position to advise if I could examine and test with a site that I can access, given the way that you've got this all configured.

Would this be possible? If so, could you please elaborate as to the issues I'd be looking for?

Like how Jetpack has issues with the different URLs? And what happens when you try previewing a post? The more detail available here, the more I have to work with. :slight_smile:

If getting access to a live test site isn't possible, then I could at least try replicating your setup on a test Multisite of mine, but I'd need to know more as to how I could replicate the issues you're running into.

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.