redirect user to a page after they make booking on appointments+

Hi all, I am hoping there could be a way to redirect a user to a page after they make a successful booking. Right now the user is met with a popup that says thanks for the booking but I was wondering if there was a way to send the user to a page with the [app_my_appointments] on that page and therefore they could see the booking in place and confirmed? any ideas on this. Thanks for your time.

• pxwm

Hi,

If you open a different browser to the one you are using to test A+ or make sure you aren't logged in to the backend then make an appointment as an end user.

Once you have received the popup confirming the appointment has been received and the 'Auto-Confirm' field in the A+ 'General' settings tab is set to 'Yes' then the appointment will show at the bottom of the page.

If you have the field Auto-Confirm set to 'No' then the end user won't see the appointment until it has been confirmed

I'm pretty sure this is based on your browser session cookie.

They will also receive an email confirmation if the 'Send Confirmation email' field in the A+ 'General' settings tab is set to 'Yes' and the appointment has been confirmed.

Regards
    SteveB

• aecnu

Greetings allmyhoney,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention and indeed SteveB is spot on with his analysis and understanding of how this works.

Are you running caching on the WordPress installation in question by any chance?

Are you using two completely different browsers for developing and testing? i.e. Firefox for developing and Chrome for testing and dumping the caching and cookies of the test browser before each test?

These questions are related to Steve's post above to make sure you are seeing the real thing without the possibility of interference of session cookies etc.

Let us know.

Cheers, Joe

• Robbie

Hi..

I am having this same issue.

I have logged out of the backend of the wordpress website and booked an appointment

After I successfully book an appointment i get a pop up message saying the "appointment is booked successfully" and then I am redirected back to the original booking page. I also am sent an email confirming the appointment - this is all great! However...

I would also like users to be redirected to another page that i create.. something saying "Congrats for booking and some additional content that I make (maybe a photo etc..)

Any ideas on how I make this possible?

Thanks

• pxwm

Hi @Robbie

I've checked and as this code is javascript, I would suggest you need to add this code to the footer.php file.
    Suggest you add the code above the close body and the html tags.
    Best to do this through your cPanel

<script type="text/javascript">
    window.app_location = function () { return "http://www.example.com/thx"; }
    </script>

You need to replace the sample url in the quotemarks for those of the destination url you want the users to be directed to.

As always I would suggest you take a full backup of your site and database before making any changes so you can revert.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.