Redirection with Ultimate Facebook plugin

Hi,

I have a concern regarding your Ultimate Facebook plugin. When logging in from the wp-login.php page, entering the normal Wordpress username+password send the user to the main blog page by default. However, if the user logs in with Facebook, he is sent to the dashboard, which is very strange.

In my Ultimate Facebook plugin settings, I left the default option for Facebook Connect redirection (Site URL, with no additional fragment). It doesn't work. I've tried to add a fragment so in theory it should be redirecting to an existing frontend page, but it still sends me to the dashoard.

• Vladislav

Hello,

To set up the redirection on Facebook login, you need to supply the redirection fragment as well in the text box below the drop down selection. Once you do that and save your settings, the message below the URL fragment text box will change to indicate the full URL to which your users will be redirected on login with Facebook. Here is an example of settings that will result in redirecting your users to your site home page: http://i52.tinypic.com/axln5w.png

• aecnu

Greetings vaelico,

Just checking in here to see if you have not resolved your issue since it has been awhile since we have heard from you.

I am marking this ticket as resolved, however if it is not resolved or you are still having problems related to this thread please simply put a check mark in the box below marking this ticket as not resolved (if you simply reply we may miss it).

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• vaelico

Hi,

Sorry, I missed last week's VeBailovity's reply. I was doing what he suggests, though, and it didn't work. I was luckier with another wordpress plugin (not from WPMUdev), which worked for me out of the box, so I went ahead with it.

It is a pity though, as your plugin is much more complete. At this moment I am only interested in the Facebook login, and not the extra features your plugin has, but it is likely that in a future I need them. At than moment I'll try again, maybe combining both plugins.

Cheers,
    vaelico