Reduce of backup running at the same time

Some members like me have a VPS, when we scheduled a Managed Backup, would be nice get a warning if another managed Backup is configured at same slot time, we could avoid having two or more backups running on same time and decrease the number of backup failures.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi NuttyCart

I hope you’re well today and thank you for sharing this idea with us!

Let me quickly summarize that, just to make sure that we’re on the same side:

– there are multiple sites hosted on the same server

– all these sites are registered with The Hub

– and all of them have Managed Backups scheduled

The goal is:

– to detect that multiple sites are on the same server

– and check if backup schedules for them are different

– if they overlap – give a warning

Would that be correct? Such warning – what form do you consider the best: an e-mail notification or some message in The Hub (if so – in “backups” tab, right?)?

Let me know please and I’ll be more than happy to forward your suggestion to our developers :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

• NuttyCart
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Adam:

Yes with slightly different thinking. I would prefer the message to show up in my WordPress backend because that is where I set up managed backup. I hardly use the hub directly to set up a new site. For maintenance, yes but not for setting up managed backups. I don’t know if most users are like me or if I am just different :slight_smile:

That said, it will be good for the message to show up in both the backend and on the hub. In those locations, I will only be interested in the ones that clash (the website and the scheduled backup time) and the available slots. A detailed report of all backup schedules, website, and backup sizes (if active) can then be sent to the registered email address for the account OR enable us to be able to run a report of scheduled backups when we want and we can use that to make a decision (perhaps this is simpler and faster to roll out?).

Thanks a bunch!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey NuttyCart

Thanks for getting back to me with this additional explanation.

Yeah, I think it sounds like a good idea to show that message in WP back-end (or in The Hub and WP back-end too), I haven’t thought of that but you’re right – that’s a “natural place” to do this :slight_smile:

I’ve passed that on already to our developers and project managers :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.