Reference ID in the Fundraising plugin. How to change

I purchased the plugin Fundraiser. Its great. However, I need to understand how I can set the REFERENCE on the paypal when it appears.
The name of the "project" is being pulled from the title. I need to set the REFERENCE area when the paypal comes up. Please look here:https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=_jVphRRxOFyFf0v5xwlMUYzLFIEzGr6oSC7Ol0fIAB1DknRjMnC_SakU-By&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d69a70501aadbc2ff6a1e7e8cc0df6b0b OPEN THIS and look at the arrow it will then say the name of the project and the reference is a bunch of numbers and letters. I need to assign this somehow. my website page is here you will see the plugin.http://thegreatgathering.org/fundraisers/cultural-protection-and-exchange/ Thank you for your help. Miriam

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Miriam,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I visited your shared paypal link and it displayed the following error message.

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

Could you please share me the screenshot of it ans also tell me why you want to set it so that i can help you?

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• thegreatgathering
      • Flash Drive

When donating to paypal on the back end you can set in your DONATION ID a number reference or text. I would like this reference to say General Fund. Not the random numbers it is picking up.

Would like our donors to know that they are supporting a specific project or program and the funding is also part of our General Fund.
      Thank you

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

I've been looking through the plugin and I can't see the setting for that.

In the code I think this function generates the id

function generate_pledge_id() {
    		global $wpdb;

$count = true;
    		while ($count) { //make sure it's unique
    			$wdf_pledge_id = substr(sha1(uniqid('')), rand(1, 24), 12);
    			$count = $wpdb->get_var("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM " . $wpdb->posts . " WHERE post_title = '" . $wdf_pledge_id . "' AND post_type = 'donation'");
    		}

$wdf_pledge_id = apply_filters( 'wdf_pledge_id', $wdf_pledge_id ); //Very important to make sure order numbers are unique and not sequential if filtering

return $wdf_pledge_id;
    	}

If that's the case, there is no setting to change it, from the looks of it, it's a unique random number for each donation ID.

you could perhaps change it manually, but it would need to be unique for each.

So manually, you could use a filter in your theme functions.php

add_filter( 'wdf_pledge_id', 'my_pledge_id', 999);
    function my_pledge_id() {
        $wdf_pledge_id = 'General Fund - ' . substr(sha1(uniqid('')), rand(1, 24), 10);

return $wdf_pledge_id;
    }

That should then generate the ID as

General Fund - 123ad78b55

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.