Referral feature with commision tracking in pro site plugin.

Hello,

I'm a developer and extending the features of prosite plugin.

How can I use prosite plugin for referral and commision tracking?

Currently, I'm using prosite for paid partnership subscription. If a user new user signup with a prosite level. They will charge $199 for first month and $24 for next month. It will be a recurring payment.

Also if a user registers through a subdomain they will get a commission new signup. (50% of $199 and 50% of $24).

How can I track the transactions of users?

I'm using my paypal sandbox account for testing.. but didn't see any record in wp_pro_sites_transactions table.

Please help me if there is already an add-on or plugin for that feature in prosite.
Or
How can I implement that in prosite.

Thanks

Predrag Dubajic

Hey James,

Hope all is well

Pro Sites comes with setup fee option which you can use to bill the first month higher and then continue with standard subscription price.
    So if you set your Pro Site level price to $24 you can go to Pro Sites > Settings and for "Setup Fee" option enter 175, this way initial payment will be $199.

Commision for payments is unfortunately not included in the plugin and something like that would require custom development and most likely making changes directly in plugin code.
    If you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Predrag Dubajic

Hi James,

I had to discuss this one with the devs for more info and you should be able to use hook to prosites_transaction_record action, like this:

add_action( 'prosites_transaction_record', 'commision_transaction_function');

function commision_transaction_function($transaction){
        //do something with transaction
    }

You may find a use of these as well:

add action to 'psts_page_after_pricing_settings' //to display something after pricing

add action to 'preprocess_signup_form' //execute a function to run when the signup form is submitted, can use to add and save custom fields

add action to 'psts_subscription_info' with $blog_id as parameter //to display the info of the current subscription. Useful if you added your own fields to the signup form then you can get and display those by hooking to this action

add action to 'prosites_transaction_record', $transaction ); // you can get the current transaction from this variable and do anything with the transaction object. This may be one of the key hooks in the case of commissions

add action to 'signup_finished' // when signup is finished you can run some code here or display something

Best regards,
    Predrag