Regarding subscribe-by-email-plugin usage:

Just wanted your opinion on this :

I'm working on a genesis theme and planning to use the genesis enews exteneded and feedburner to manage the feeds.

Do you think it's a bit overboard to also have the subscribe by email plugin as well? I believe the Genesis Enews extender can be configured to offer a subscribe by email choice.

Should I choose just one or do you think both are OK?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Michael,

Hope you're doing well today!

Subscribe by email allows you to select specific post types and only send those posts. Either daily or weekly. Or immediately soon as they post is published.

eNews extender seems to be more of an email list collection tool, where subscribe by email is specific to blog content. Although, like you mentioned - eNews extender may be able to integrate with something to offer a similar feature. I'm not sure on that as I haven't used the enews extender every often.

Feedburner would be more similar in the way it would feed out all your posts. You may not have as much customization with it though :slight_smile:

So it really depends how you're using them.

You can always try it out and see how it goes, if you're not getting many subscribes on it then cancel it.

Look forward to hearing back!