regarding the footer content plugin

did I get this right? https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/footer-content this plugin is allowing every user with the admin roel to isnert ANYTHINg into his blog's footer?

Is this what this guy was asking for? http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/12773?replies=5

• wpmuidiot
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Shoot, I thought I had the wpmudev Footer Plugin working,

If I'm logged in as the root Site Administrator, I see "Footer Content" listed under the Appearance tab if I'm logged on as the admin of a "regular" blog as well. But I'm just logged into a created blog as its admin, the "Footer Content" option isn't there.

So it appears that for normal blog admins of my MU site (who aren't logged in as the "root" blog admin, only I can do that), they can't get the Footer Content option to show.

Am I experiencing a glitch? Anything I can check/test?

• skishopmatt
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I am having the same issue. Word fine for Super Admin, not for regular admins. I deleted line 46 and 48 and got internal errors. Are you referring to these two lines?

global $wpdb, $wp_roles, $current_user; //
    and
    add_submenu_page('themes.php', 'Footer Content', 'Footer Content', 10, 'footer-content', 'footer_content_page_output'); //

Did you mean 46 through 48? I can't seem to get it to work no matter what combo of things I try.

On that note, why are we having to do this? is there something wrong with our installation? Why does it work on some and not on others? I've had to edit all of my themes as well due to user level issues.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya skishopmatt,

This thread is a year old. I know WordPress has made some massive changes in user roles and permissions since then with the wpmu merge and this plugin has been modified as well.

Can you tell us what version of WordPress you're currently using? I think it'll work if you now remove lines 47 & 49 (though I haven't tested this).

Let us know.

Thanks!

• skishopmatt

It didn't work. Any other suggestions?

I'm curious as to why this works on some installs and not others. I seem to keep having to modify my plug-in's and themes to get them to work. Are some WPMS sites different than others as far as available functionality even if they are on the same WP build?

Thanks so much in advance for your time.

• koff

Hej,

You need to change permission as well. ( change the '10' into 'manage_options')

Here is the code of the function:

function footer_content_plug_pages() {
    	global $wpdb, $wp_roles, $current_user;

//if ( is_site_admin() ) {
    		add_submenu_page('themes.php', __('Footer Content', 'footer_content'), __('Footer Content', 'footer_content'), 'manage_options', 'footer-content', 'footer_content_page_output');
    	//}
    }

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.