Regardless of the plugin I try to install and activate, I get an error.

I also tried the Members and chat plug ins. I've also tried downloading the zip file and manually installing. All of them cause me to just get a blank white screen. Once I delete the plugins manually from the file manager, my site works again. Please advise on how to get your plugins to install and work. Thank you.

Timothy Bowers

Hey there,

Can you please check your servers error_log and let me know what errors are output.

To output the WordPress debugging information you can open your wp-config.php file and change:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

You can also have these errors output to a debug.log file located in your /wp-content/ folder, to do this add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Using WP_DEBUG would put the errors on the site, you can hide those and just have them out put the WP_DEBUG_LOG (if set to true) by using this as well:

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Let me know what you find.

Take care.

Paul

Tim,

Thanks for your reply.

I have attached the error log that was output. All of the recent errors are the same.
    [02-Aug-2014 07:21:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for bp_modify_page_title() in /home/pccare/public_html/subdomains/pcs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-filters.php on line 393
    [02-Aug-2014 07:21:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Missing argument 3 for bp_modify_page_title() in /home/pccare/public_html/subdomains/pcs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-filters.php on line 393

Hopefully this helps them diagnose whatever is wrong.

Vaughan

Hi @paul,

Those errors aren't much help.

Can you try using the default twentyfourteen theme to see if there's a theme issue or not.

Also, if you could check on your server error_logs.

Sometimes there's a file called error_log in your sites root (where wp-config.php resides) and also the /wp-admin folder

That might give an extra clue.

If you could also take a screenshot of your support info page.

Dashboard > wpmudev > support > system info

Thanks