Register for an event without logging in

If I create an event (in this case a classroom based course), does a user who registers for the course have to login in to my wordpress site to pay, or can they pay i.e. via PayPal, without logging in?

Also, do I have to have the yes/no/maybe buttons or can I have one button that says 'Register'?

• PC

Hello there Steve,

Thanks for posting on the forums and being a WPMU DEV member.

If I create an event (in this case a classroom based course), does a user who registers for the course have to login in to my wordpress site to pay, or can they pay i.e. via PayPal, without logging in?

No that is not possible I am afraid. RSVPg to an event for an unknown person is not possible at the moment. While it is not a great idea not to have any contact information of someone who is attending the event. If you need a faster registration process, Events+ allows you to accept logins via Facebook and Twitter.

Would that work for you ?

Also, do I have to have the yes/no/maybe buttons or can I have one button that says 'Register'?

Events+ works on RSVP and current it does not allow a single register button.

However you can hide the No and May be buttons and change the Yes button to register. Is that something that would suit you ?

Please let me know so that I can suggest the CSS and required changes :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

• Steve

Hi PC,

Thanks for the fast reply.

No, I don't want to manage users on my Wordpress site, and many of my potential customers would not be Facebook or Twitter users, so even with CSS changing the 'Yes' button to 'Register', I would still need to allow new users onto my site, which I don't want to do.

Never mind, it was worth asking the question :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.