Register Link Redirecting to BuddyPress page

Once BuddyPress add-on is enabled, the "Register" link once clicked, under a protected page seems to open the BuddyPress registration form, instead of allowing the users to select the membership.

Seems more like an issue within the plugin.

• Nithin

Hello Dr. Berge,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Regarding the mentioned issue, I tested this further in my system, and on giving a closer look, this seems to be a default workflow, when it comes to registering via protected page.

Since a page is already protected via membership, and when a user clicks the Register link in a protected page, they will get redirected to the BuddyPress registration form, as the membership gets selected automatically based on the membership the page is protected.

So, suppose the membership is called "Membership One", and page is protected based on the "Membership One". A non member who access the page, will get the protected content, and the "Register" link, will automatically redirect to the BuddyPress register form when clicked, as the plugin will automatically select the membership based on the protected content, hence reducing the redundant step, of selecting a membership.

However, I do understand the workflow you are looking regarding this. I'll bring this into the developers attention, so that they could see whether there is anything that could be improved regarding this.

Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Dr48

Hi Nithin,

Thanks again for yesterday -- you were an outstandingly tremendous help!

As for the above -- the site has multiple issues -- so I understand the default and how it works, however due to the Membership2 restrictions and users 'not' being given a payment gateway from the getgo -- it was recommended to slightly change this setup i.e. a free/trial then is tied to the paid membership tier -- so, this was done and seems to be a great flow! The issue then is if this approach is used via register and a default registration is prompted, the issue then could be the user not choosing? I'm not sure -- BUT...ideally, it would be 'nice' is a user could simply 'register' and automatically be tied to the free/trial period and ONLY after, head to their account to then choose/change what membership works best for them? If I'm on the right track and this is applicable...can the current setup we worked on yesterday -- rather than users being redirected to /sign-up (if I'm following correctly) they could be pushed straight to the buddypress registration form and then once 'entered' will be assigned the default membership (i.e. since there are x 2 -- they could be signed to one, but have the option in their account obviously to change this once joined) -- it appears to tweak the current settings perhaps it's a change of links i.e. rather than to /sign up (the register button/icon) for this to be adapted to head straight to the bp register page? If so...can we do this?

Thanks again Nithin!

• Nithin

Hello Dr. Berge,

Seems like this query was covered in our last chat conversation, as mentioned in the chat, you could use a shortcode if you are looking for direct register page, with a selected membership. The plugin offers an option for this via the following shortcode:
    [ms-membership-buy]

So, something like this:
    [ms-membership-buy id="5" label="Buy now!"]

Will display a button called "Buy Now", which once clicked will redirect to the form where the users can fill in their details. As, the Id=5, will ensure that they have membership id 5 selected out of the box, without any extra step.

Another workaround would be to use the links as shown in the example:
    https://yoursite.com/sign-up/?membership_id=4559

This link would directly point to the register form, where the membership Id 4559 is selected.

If you still have any further questions, please do let us know. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.