Register Multisite on Home Page

I found a Theme I like that has the registration right on the top/front of the home page. (see screenshot) My idea is to get people to sign up for a free website and then then can upgrade later to a premium version.

Two Questions:

1 - Would it be possible to use a form like the one in the screenshot to create a Multisite immediately after they sign up? Would I still use Pro Sites for this? How would that work?

2 - How would the process work after they have their free site at http://TheirName.MYSITE.com and be able to upgrade to premium features?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @MikeyMoran,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

1 - Would it be possible to use a form like the one in the screenshot to create a Multisite immediately after they sign up? Would I still use Pro Sites for this? How would that work?

If you are looking to enable upgrade to pro sites after the signup then you should use Pro Sites just make sure you enable Allow Free Signup option from plugin settings.
    This will enable your users to create free account and later on upgrade to pro.

2 - How would the process work after they have their free site at http://TheirName.MYSITE.com and be able to upgrade to premium features?

After the user has his free site he will have Pro Upgrade button in his admin bar where he can go to checkout page and upgrade his site from there and continue using it as pro site after the upgrade.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• MikeyMoran

Thanks Predrag!

I guess my follow up question just to make sure is about the actual form on the home page. Is Pro Sites the registration process to create the Multisite for the user? Can i link any form to Pro Sites to do so? Or would there be custom programming needed for a form like the one in the screenshot to work with the Pro Sites plugin?

Thanks! Still a newbie with Pro Sites and Multisite. Still waiting to see the light with it all.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @MikeyMoran,

Let me break this into two parts even it's closely related :slight_smile:

Is Pro Sites the registration process to create the Multisite for the user?

Yes, when using Pro Sites your users will be able to use it's form to register new sub site on your multisite network.

Can i link any form to Pro Sites to do so? Or would there be custom programming needed for a form like the one in the screenshot to work with the Pro Sites plugin?

As mentioned above, Pro Sites has it's own signup form for registration and linking any different form to work with Pro Sites would require custom programming to make it work.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.