Register page

Hi everybody, this is the second time i try to find an answer for my question. But maybe i was not clear the first time around.

I have set up a WordPress site with a theme and Buddypress. I have now installed the membership plugin with it.

The idea is that on the register page we have 3 levels of membership ( free, student and full) When people register for a student or full membership they have to fulfil certain criteria. As a student they have to be enrolled in an university and we would like to know what they study. As a full membership they have to be qualified in their field. I would like for people to select their membership on the register page and then be guided to a form where they can fill in there qualification or student level and then be guided to the payment gateway! I don’t know if this is possible. If not are there any other ways to handle this. Also i would like to change the color of the buttons in the register page and delete the option for a coupon.

I hope anybody can help me out. Thanks

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

For the coupon, add this to your themes CSS:

.membership-coupon{display:none;}

If it’s the blue button then you can change and use this within your css:

.blue {
    color: #d9eef7;
    border: solid 1px #0076a3;
    background: #0095cd;
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#00adee), to(#0078a5));
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #00adee, #0078a5);
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#00adee', endColorstr='#0078a5');
    }

That’s the original.

If it’s the subscribe buttons then you do that in the gateway:

Admin –> Membership –> Payment Gateways

Then edit the gateway you’re using and change the button link to a new button you wish to use.

The other questions about collecting data are not possible with Membership, but you could use something like gravity forms in addition:

Gravity Forms:

http://gravityforms.com

It does require some manual work, Mason posted some code here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gravity-forms-and-membership-signup#post-232538

Take care.

• wendy_steensels
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

O and i read the entire manual and there it is stated the following:

You might want to create more than one registration page for a specific level. All of those things are possible using the other features of Membership Premium, including shortcodes and content protection tags, both of which we’ll cover later.

But i don’t seem to find anything on it later on in the manual!

• wendy_steensels
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So i have installed the gravity forms and according to the link you gave me before i can set up a registration form to fill in before they go to the subscriptions where they can select their membership.

But how can i solve my problem of having a different registration form for each level of membership. So what i want is that they select their membership, fill in the form and then go trough the gateway payment.

Do i have to go in and code this myself or are any other solution available like maybe set up a registration form where they first can select via a drop down menu wich membership they want an then guide them trough the payment gateway.

I am getting totally lost here, would appreciate any help i can get with this! Thanks

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

O and i read the entire manual and there it is stated the following:

You might want to create more than one registration page for a specific level. All of those things are possible using the other features of Membership Premium, including shortcodes and content protection tags, both of which we’ll cover later.

I think the manual is missing the shortcodes:

[subscriptiontitle subscription=”2″]

[subscriptiondetails subscription=”2″]

[subscriptionprice subscription=”2″]

[subscriptionbutton subscription=”2″]

Replace the number with the ID of the subscription.

This allows you to put them on separate pages and is what the manual refers to by creating multiple pages for a specific level/sub.

I think it also covers that BuddyPress can be used to extend the users profile fields and that these show on the original form in Membership (not the popup one)

But how can i solve my problem of having a different registration form for each level of membership. So what i want is that they select their membership, fill in the form and then go trough the gateway payment.

I’m not sure if you read Masons post but the integration with Gravity and Membership is:

What’s happening here?

As noted, we’re auto-logging in the user once they register with gravity forms. Then redirecting them to the membership page.

Since membership will see them as already being logged in they’ll just be asked to select and process their subscription.

In my tests this method works and should provide what folks are looking for here. Please let us know how it works for you.

Other notes: Make sure you’re username field is set to something that won’t allow for spaces (this can cause problems) and that you’re using the latest versions of Gravity Forms and the User Registration add-on.

So they would register, then that code would redirect them to the subscription selection page. If you need anything other than that then it would unfortunately come under custom development which isn’t something we currently provide so you would need to hire a developer if that’s the case. Sorry.

Take care.

• wendy_steensels
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Timothy,

Everything with the forms worked out fine. Thank you for that.

But i do have a problem with the blue subscribe button. I added the css in the my css document and changed the color but nothing is happening. I do think it is because i also have a blue button in my css for my theme, but i am not using this anywhere.

Also when i subscribe for a free member the button in the payment gateway to subscribe is double. I don’t have any idea where this problem can be fixed.

Thank you for helping me out!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wendy_steensels,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.