Register with Facebook Not Working -- But Login with Facebook is.

Hello,

I have Ultimate Facebook installed as well as Membership.

If a user clicks on Login > Login with Facebook there is no issue. A new account is made if they don't have one. They are logged into their established account if they already do. They get their default access level with Membership and they're on their merry way. It's a beautiful thing.

If a user goes to Register and clicks Register with Facebook -- rather than the Membership form -- it will recognize them as signed in and pre-fill out their information.

When they click "Regsiter" at the bottom of that page, they get the pop-up asking them to continue (facebook approval window).

If you click Continue, the pop-up goes away and the previous page is behind it (with the pre-filled out facebook info) but stay there forever. "Register" is grey'd out and the progress bars are moving along but nothing is happening.

I'm at a loss of where to even start.

• Rahul Verma

Hello,

I hope you are well today and Thanks for posting on the forums.

Can you please give me your site url to check there? and Do you have installed version 2.6.6?

Can you please try enabling WP_DEBUG mode and debug logging? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true. This will create a log file under wp-content/debug.log with detailed information.

If you'd like to avoid end users seeing error messages, you can include this as well:

@ini_set('display_errors',0);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

This will prevent errors from being displayed, but you can still find them in the log file.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting!

Best Regards
    Sandeep Kumar

• Marco

Just another thought:

Instead of "Register with Facebook" why can't I just have the link be the same as the "Login with Facebook" since that works perfectly? Is that difficult to change?

I mean that is what I really want in the end. I don't understand the point of the register with facebook link showing up and being different. I want them to already have an account and either login or auto-create an account and login.

• PC

Hey there Marko,

Thanks for posting back and sorry about the delay here. Currently Ultimate Facebook and Membership plugin do not integrate for the registration process however you can manually place a login with facebook button on the registration page for membership as well.

That ways you will have the login with facebook button at both the pages. Please let me know if you need help with that.

Its sad to hear that you had to resort to another plugin to make that happen. We would love to hear what plugin did you use so that we can study that and if our's is missing anything, add it to that and make better things possible :slight_smile:

Sorry again for the delay here.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.