Registering members don't showup in the membership admin

Hi, I am now using the new membership plugin on a multisite WP. I got most of it configured but having problems. When I register a dummy user, it seems to work, I get the confirmation email and I am able to confirm, but that new member never shows up on the main-site admin under the MEMBERSHIP / All members menu.

The member actually shows up in the Network Admin, however.

It seems that the new user is not registered with membership.

Can you help ?

• dreamcty

I'm having the same issue. Even had some new users set as admin on my main site some how?
    Is that normal?

I see nowhere that I can set a default role upon registration.

I activated multisite 'after' having a Wordpress/BuddyPress installation with over 300 members.

Do I need to do a fresh install of Wordpress/Multisite then activate Buddypress instead of trying to convert my already active community to Multisite?

I see the users under network admin, but not under my main site. I see a total number, but can't list them. And I noticed 3 accounts got put under 'administrator' - is that normal for new site creators or?

Thanks for any clarification on this,

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

I'm having the same issue. Even had some new users set as admin on my main site some how?
    Is that normal?

Only if you select that as the role to assign them whilst signing up. Do you have any other role editing type plugins?

In Membership check out page 38 of the Membership docs for the advanced options in Access Levels, that is where you can assign custom roles.

Do I need to do a fresh install of Wordpress/Multisite then activate Buddypress instead of trying to convert my already active community to Multisite?

Nah you should not need to.

I see the users under network admin, but not under my main site. I see a total number, but can't list them.

Can you please show me screenshots to see what you mean? Users when they register to your site should be added to the main blog. They get a kinda pseudo subscriber role then on all sub sites, i.e. not added to them physically.

And I noticed 3 accounts got put under 'administrator' - is that normal for new site creators or?

Did they create the site in a multisite? If so then they get the be an admin of the site they create.

If they got assigned to a blog with a role like admin then check for plugins which can do that, like a role editor or the settings in Membership as described above.

Take care.

• bayareamarketingmedia

I have the same problem.......

When people register and setup their membership, the user account is setup and works fine, the subscription is setup in Paypal, but Membership doesn't log that I got a new member, nor does it set them up in Membership with an Access Level or Subscription.

It is so close, but can't quite get it working, right.
    I can't wait much longer, the site is live.
    I can't believe this plugin is so hard to configure!

• aecnu

Greetings dreamcty and bayareamarketingmedia,

This ticket was a closed ticket and was resolved for the original posters issues.

When an issue has been marked as resolved and that issues cures/explanation has not helped fix your issue, it is best to please open your own ticket that will probably take a totally different troubleshooting approach, because if the issue would be fixed by the answers given in the resolved ticket, there would be no issue.

Please in the future consider creating your own tickets for your own issues in relation to the above suggested guideline.

The original issue was a Buddy Press conflict, but here with bayareamarketingmedia's problem I think it maybe a PayPal IPN issue.

Is your PayPal IPN on?

One other thing, there is an interim patch out for the Membership plugin that may resolve some issues now or ones that you may have not run into yet that you may want to install if you have not already done so.

Please be sure to back up your site(s) and database before applying the patch or any other major addition to your WordPress installation.

Please advise on the PayPal IPN and your issue after applying the patch.

Cheers, Joe

• bayareamarketingmedia

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your response. Actually, I had a ticket on this open for two weeks that lost support.
    Also, I did check to verify, before I posted, that this ticket was open.
    Thanks for the clarification, though. I'm trying to play by all the rules. I just happened to see that someone else was experiencing a similar issue, so I jumped in.

I've been trying to resolve my Membership issues for two weeks.
    I think the IPN may be the solution for my last issue with Membership.
    So, I tried to turn on IPN, but I couldn't find information on what URL to set for the "Notification URL" required to enable IPN messages.

So, I added this URL, I found a post in the support forums: http://mysite.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=psts_pypl_ipn and Membership is now working!

Suggestion to WPMUDEV:
    It would be great to have videos that walk us through how to really setup all of your plugins. Most are simple, but some, like Membership, require a lot of very specific actions, that are not well documented.

Thank You!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.