Registration

I think I have set up the membership plug-in the way but I have two questions:

1) When I test the registration page, I get the “Sorry, this account is not active” message. Obviously it’s not active, that’s why someone would want to register. I’d expect a system generated email sent to them to verify their email address and then be able to log in but no such email is generated. What am I doing wrong?

2) How can I edit the registration screen? When I go to edit, the editor tool is blank both in the text and html views.

Thanks!

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

Are you logged in when you’re testing the registration page? Or are you trying to go through the registration process to set up an account?

Try going to Membership > Options > User Registration box and check “Enable Incomplete Signups.”

The registration page cannot be edited without getting into the nitty gritty code, unless you just want to edit the look and feel of the page, which is controlled via CSS.

• MSanchez
    • Flash Drive

No, I'm not, I use a different browser to do all the testing. I'll try the 'enable incomplete sign ups' an see what happens.

Yes, I figured that about CSS. That's too bad because the way the page is, it's kind of confusing. For instance, I don't have a coupon for free registrations, that would only apply to the next level (training alumni), but the coupon field appears at the top of the page as shown. Any way to change that without getting into CSS editing?

Thanks Brian!

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.