Registration and billing system

I have a hosting company and I use whmcs and whm for client management and cPanel, which is working fine. I decided to change my front end and use wordpress multisite along with the services from WPMVdev (full membership)

Ok, so I am trying to get the best configuration possible for billing and registeration from start for my multisite.

I have installed pro site to handle upgrades, plugin and themes.

WHMCS integration and WHMCS provision are also installed.

Domain Mapping also installed and I do have an account with eNom.

Questions:

If I use whmcs to handle signup and domain registration. Should I configure it to do the initial free membership only (which last for one month)? and if I do would pro site take over after the one month has ended and handle the upgrade from there?

Answer Form Ignacio

Ignacioat 10:14 am

In any case. WHMCS can setup the sites and you can price it nay way that WHMCS can handle.

Pro-sites is ENTIRELY separate at this point. It won’t know anything about a new site unless you program it.

You should probably do the recurring billing in WHMCS for the site rental and pro-sites for the theme plugin etc upgrades.

Nigelat 10:18 am

So in this scenario, the client would have two separate billing system to deal with, correct? since pro site and whmcs or two different systems.

Ignacioat 10:19 am

@nigel Yes, but I’m not the best to answer about that

Nigelat 10:23 am

If I choose to use Domain Mapping. Does it work alongside pro site or is it also a separate system. and If I did use domain mapping, what would I use for registration?

Ignacioat 10:25 am

@nigel I’m not completely sure but I think it would be a separate system too.

Ignacioat, this is what I am thinking: I need whmcs to handle the initial free signup and domain registration. Then the client has the option to upgrade at their convince or forced to do so at the end of the one month free period through Pro Site. Therefore Pro Site needs to know about the new site. How is this done?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @nigel,

Hope you’re well today and thanks for your question.

Currently there isn’t any integration between WHMCS MU provisioning and Pro sites.

One way to do this may be to activate the Pay To Blog module in Pro sites. Then allow a free trial.

Your users can then sign up for a site using WHMCS MU Provisioning and then once the free trial is up, they’d be ask to checkout by Pro sites if that would work for you?

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Nigel
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Jack you said “may be” which means you are not sure.

According to Ignacioat, Pro-sites is ENTIRELY separate at this point. It won’t know anything about a new site unless you program it.

I will do a test. If it did not work, Is there anyone on your team to make this work the way I need it to as described above?

• Nigel

I upgraded to vps server yesterday and I am getting this error on my whmcs page that I set up (see blow) this is the page https://nigelweb.com/clientarea/shop/clientarea.php

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: Unable to access /home/nigel/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/cache/rfkm7a7n36fo12va8vm8a9kmugvrv9tvavaj7r7m8rfdfdhqr6csf9s8qpm24ieh2bc7liiqbhql7scdqqfqe56mtb1bg9sk27iv042.txt in /home/nigel/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/whmcs-integration.php on line 525

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: Unable to access /home/nigel/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/cache/rfkm7a7n36fo12va8vm8a9kmugvrv9tvavaj7r7m8rfdfdhqr6csf9s8qpm24ieh2bc7liiqbhql7scdqqfqe56mtb1bg9sk27iv042.txt in /home/nigel/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/whmcs-integration.php on line 526

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Unable to access /home/nigel/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/cache/rfkm7a7n36fo12va8vm8a9kmugvrv9tvavaj7r7m8rfdfdhqr6csf9s8qpm24ieh2bc7liiqbhql7scdqqfqe56mtb1bg9sk27iv042.txt in /home/nigel/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/whmcs-integration.php on line 397

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/nigel/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/cache/rfkm7a7n36fo12va8vm8a9kmugvrv9tvavaj7r7m8rfdfdhqr6csf9s8qpm24ieh2bc7liiqbhql7scdqqfqe56mtb1bg9sk27iv042.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nigel/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/whmcs-integration.php on line 397

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Nigel,

Hope you’re well today.

I’ve done some testing here and Pro sites does completely ignore the site created with WHMCS MU Provisioning.

We are looking into integrating the two and I’ve added this as a feature request :slight_smile:

In the mean time, it would require custom development, if you wanted to post a job on the WPMU DEV job board (premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-custom-development/)

On the warnings, the site should technically work as they’re only warnings and not errors.

Do you have a link to your server php info please? If not, could you post this in a new php file and link me to that please?

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Can you also check the paths and permissions on your folders.

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Nigel

Jack I completely remove all instillations and started all over again. I don’t like all these errors. However, I am getting an error with the whmcs integration again. See https://nigelweb.com/client-area/

I really need someone to look at this for me. Please give me your email address so that I can connect you to my dropbox for access info.

Ps: Thanks for the update on the pro site and whmcs intigration.

Jack I have some suggestion for your development team.

1. I am building travel sites using woocommerce and woocommerce booking system. You do have a great plugin Appointments + however it need functionality similar to woocommerce booking system for hotel etc.

2. Please consider integrating your plugins into one shopping cart like woocommerce did. It makes it easer, to have one payment system.

• Nigel

Is there a timeline for the integration of Pro Site and WHMCS MU Provisioning? I would prefer to wait for the general integration by your team than to have it done otherwise because I don’t want to have conflict in the code.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @nigel,

Hope you’re well today and thanks for the additional information.

To connect with dropbox please use my jack(at)incsub.com address :slight_smile:

1: We are looking at a additional booking plugin for hotels and similar, appointments+ was originally designed for 1 to 1 appointments (dentists, doctors, hairdressers etc).

2: Our MarketPress plugin does integrate with our Appointments+ and Events+ plugins for one shopping cart :slight_smile:

Is there a timeline for the integration of Pro Site and WHMCS MU Provisioning? I would prefer to wait for the general integration by your team than to have it done otherwise because I don’t want to have conflict in the code.

I’m afraid we don’t currently have an ETA on this integration unfortunately.

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Nigel

Quick question Jack. While I await the integration of whmcs and pro site, I would continue to use whmcs for domain registration and manually set up sites in the wordpress multisite.

How do I map the domain to the new site that want to set up? Please give me 123 steps. Do I use domain mapping in this case?

• Nigel

Multisite is installed in a directory 2, not the root.

I am using Domain Mapping. I set up a site but it is not resolving properly. I get this message in Domain Mapping – If you want to redirect a domain you will need to add multiple DNS “A” records pointing at the IP addresses of this server: 100.42.54.212, 108.168.250.13, 198.58.93.20 These IP addresses are for nigelweb.com.

How do I point newly registered domains to nigelweb.com/2 (this is the sub directory for the multisite)

I was told to create a subdomain and point it to the folder nigelweb.com/2 and then point the newly registered domains to that subdomain.

Well, I did create the suddomain 2.nigelweb.com and point it to the directory nigelweb.com/2

How do I point the newly created domains to this subdomain?

• Nigel

I have two Multisite that I am trying to get domain mapping to work on.

site url is like this:

http://nigelweb.com/gloriafoundation

http://nigelweb.com/2/gloriafoundation/

ISSUE WITH DOMAIN MAPPING

https://nigelweb.com

I setup the domain mapping as directed, went to client site and add domain in domain mapping, domain is pointing to my cPanel, but not accessing the site. I don’t know what to do next.

SO I am trying to get both nigelweb.com and nigelweb.com/2 to work.

• Nigel

Jack, I just need someone to give me 123 steps procedure to get things working. If I install in the root – to use domain mapping this is what you do.

If I install in a directory – this is your option.

These are the setup I am working with – multisites installed in:

nigelweb.com – dedicated Ip 100.42.54.212

nigelweb.com/2 – do I need IP for this – can I use addon domain or subdomain

domain mapping installed is on both

• Nigel

ISSUE WITH DOMAIN MAPPING

I have two multisite install.

https://nigelweb.com – dedicated IP 100.42.54.212

https://nigelweb.com/2

I think these are subdirectory version of the install. the urls look like so:

http://nigelweb.com/visitjamaican/

http://nigelweb.com/2/gloriafoundation/

I setup the domain mapping as directed.

My domains are registered with Namecheap.com but my sites are hosted by arvixe.com

I also have private name server:

ns1.nigelweb.com 08.168.250.13

ns2.nigelweb.com 198.58.93.20

whmcs register all my client domains and points them to my private name server.

I am trying to map domains to these two multisite install.

visitjamaican.com mapping to http://nigelweb.com/visitjamaican

gloriafoundation.com mapping to http://nigelweb.com/2/gloriafoundation.com

I get this message in Domain Mapping > Domain name unavailable to access.

Questions:

Do I need to setup cname to get this to work and if yes, where (at the domain registrar or at host where my site is hosted)?

• Nigel

Jack thank you for your help in the chat. You really answered my biggest question. Thank you. I think there should be documentation on this issue so that someone else don’t have to suffer for days wondering around.

So now I want to concentrate on getting the domain mapping to work. I will also register new domain for the other multisite and reinstall them there. So whatever the fix is, please let me know so that I will know what to do in the evert I have the issue again after reinstalling the new sites.

I setup the domain mapping as directed.

My domains are registered with Namecheap.com but my sites are hosted by arvixe.com

I also have private name server:

whmcs register all my client domains and points them to my private name server.

Jack all the access information is in the dropbox.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

I’ve asked before. What domain are you trying to Map?

If you have a multisite at http://nigelweb.com/2/gloriafoundation, I would expect a domain name of something like gloriafoundation.com and the url would be

http://gloriafoundation.com.

The IP in your DNS for gloriafoundation.com. would be the same as your multisite IP.

Currently I find nothing when I ping gloriafoundation.com.

That’s the whole point of domain mapping, to map a domain name to a site on multisite.

• Nigel

Mr. Arnold thank you but that is not the issue at hand. Please read the comment before. I did talk with Jack in the chat and got understanding of a few things. Please correct me if I am wrong, but domain mapping doesn’t work on a site installed in a directory, has to be in the root.

Therefore I am trying to map visitjamaican.com to

http://nigelweb.com/visitjamaican/

I set everything up right but I get this message – domain name unavailable to access.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

The rule is only one multisite installation per IP address. Doesn’t matter where it’s installed. So if you have multisite on nigelweb.com and then install another multisite on nigelweb.com/2/ you have two multisite on one IP unless you do some fancy adjustments to your server IP mapping.

I tried logging in to your nigelweb.com from the dropbox info but andy doesn’t work.

But if you are tryng to map visitjamaican.com, you have no entry for visitjamaican.com in your DNS. When I ping it it can’t be found. Never going to work that way.

• Nigel

Arnold, sorry about the password, I have updated it.

I am not too concerned about the nigelweb.com/2/ as I will assign a domain and dedicated IP to it since each site must

At the registrar all my domains use Private DNS

Do I need to also set – ns3.nigelweb.com 100.42.54.212 (dedicated IP) ?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

OK it looks like you have Multisite setup correctly.

You need to add you Jamaican.com to your DNS settings. Probably easiest would be a CNAME record.

visitjamaican.com. CNAME nigelweb.com

and give it a try. This is to go on your two ns1.nigelweb.com and ns2.nigelweb.com dns servers. Your registrar for your jamaican.com domain name should be ponted to your two DNS servers.

• Nigel

ok I think I am getting it now.

However I am not able to point the domain name to The two DNS server and at the same time also do CNAME

I did the CNAME and domain is landing on nigelweb.com however domain mapping still saying domain unavailable.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

That’s because harliz.me doesn’t have the same IP address as nigelweb.com.

Let’s stick to one thing at a time instead of hopping from one to another.

Back to visitjamaican.com. You registered visitjamaican.com at a registrar, look slike it’s ENOM. When a browser wants to get a particular url it looks at the registrars to find visitjamaican.com. The registrar tells the browser that the DNS servers at ns1.nigelweb.com and ns2.nigelweb.com are responsible for keeping track of the site. Next the browser goes to one of your name servers and asks for the IP of visitjamaican.com. If you have not put the right records in your names servers then everything stops because everything goes through the IP address and you have not posted one.

If you have put the record in your name server then it will get an IP and the browser will try to connect with that IP. In this case the IP should be set to you nigelweb.com IP address because that is where your multisite is. When the connection comes in to multisite and domain mapping, domain mapping will look at the host domain, in this case “visitjamaican.com” and look in it’s list of mapped domains. If it finds it there it redirects to the appropriate subsite in multisite and your connected where you should be.

If any of that is missing you go no where. If I ping visitjamaican.com I get no response which means you Still haven’t put the DNS records in your name servers. Ain’t gonna wortk till you do….

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

The rest of the world can't see the right settings though. Below are the pings to the three domains we're talking about.harliz.me doesn't even return an IP. And none of them match your nigelweb.com IP.

Now your Registrar, Namecheap, shows that the name servers are pointed at ns1 and ns2.nigelweb.com. Unless those name servers are at Namecheap you're changing the wrong names servers. I can't tell what machines are serving from where because you have privacy turned on.

Finally I looked directly at your ns1.nigelweb.com nameserver with nslookup. It can not find visitjamaican.com on itself. See nslookup image below.

All this is basic setup and really has nothing to do with the plugin. Untl you can properly setup your DNS and name servers you're going to fail.

• Nigel

Mr. Arnold the domains are working now. I think we finally did it. I am a happy man now I can move to the next level. Bless God

Can you please check on the whmcs integration. Jack said everything looks good but I am not getting the integration to show on the page https://nigelweb.com/client-area/

All the login info are in the dropbox.

Bless you sir and thank you for your patience with me.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

:slight_smile: Glad it finally worked.

I tested your url to your WHMCS site. Very messy. I don't understand why there are three different redirects. One of them isn't even a valid url. the switching in and out of http / https is losing the connection. You need to clean that up.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.