Registration and flow of Affiliate with Membership 2

Hi folks.

OK I have Membership 2 running on a site and have just setup the Affiliate plugin/addon with it.

I have noticed some pretty glaring issues with the user experience.

So you arrive at my site and want to become an affiliate. I eventually found the handy shortcodes which supply a login link and so I created a dedicated Affiliates page with the shortcodes on it. But there is no register link, there is one in on the standard wp login form you arrive at but because membership is installed you are taken to the membership page first to choose a package. Instead I think you should be taken to Account page rather than the standard WP login form.

So I think in affiliateshortcodes.php on line 158 a conditional statement should be included to say: IF Membership 2 is on THEN go to memberships account login page ELSE go to standard WP login page. Perhaps also add a link direct to the Membership Register page too.

However when you register via this page it take then takes you to the choose a membership page. Obviously if you are registering as an affiliate then you probably dont want to see this page. Is there a way to add something to the url if the user comes from an affiliate shortcode link?

If they do login via Memberships Account page they are then taken to the account page and if you have setup a dedicated affiliate account page this isnt where you want to be either.

Currently it just doesnt seem to integrate with the flow of how people use the website when Membership2 is used.

I can only think that the solution is that the affiliate plugin has its own login/register form that navigates people to the correct Affiliate account page (perhaps this page can be a setting in the Affiliate admin).

Does that make sense?