Registration and Log-In Question

Three questions really:

1) Is it possible somewhere to simplify registration an eliminate "USERNAME" altogether, instead asking the registrant for their email address (to be used in place of a username.
2) Is it possible to add additional questions at registration or save them in the record, ie. Phone, City, State, Zip? We're currently testing this but would like that flexibility.
3) Is there a LOGON page that is created with this plugin? I would think that I could use "ACCOUNT" if not logged in to show a log-on field so I can get rid of the wp-login page altogether. Upon logging in of course the account page would display the account details.

Thank you in advance, a GREAT start.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wshinds,

Thank you for the great questions.

1) Is it possible somewhere to simplify registration an eliminate "USERNAME" altogether, instead asking the registrant for their email address (to be used in place of a username.

No not without changing the WordPress core if it is possible at all - due to this is how the core keeps track of users and not relative to Membership though membership shares the cores functions.

2) Is it possible to add additional questions at registration or save them in the record, ie. Phone, City, State, Zip? We're currently testing this but would like that flexibility.

You can make your custom coding how you choose using these following options as you see fit:

To override any of the pages generated by membership with your own you can easily define the following in your wp-config

MEMBERSHIP_ACCOUNT_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_REGISTRATION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_SUBSCRIPTION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_MEMBER_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_RENEW_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_FORM

using ('MEMBERSHIP_****_FORM','/full/server/path/to/file/');

3) Is there a LOGON page that is created with this plugin? I would think that I could use "ACCOUNT" if not logged in to show a log-on field so I can get rid of the wp-login page altogether.

To accomplish this you will want to use something like the Custom WP Login Widget plugin which should indeed do the job for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.