Registration and payment for membership all at once?

Please help.
I'm hoping that Membership 2 Pro can give me the protection I need for my program.
I'm thinking there must be something I'm doing wrong because it isn't making sense to me.

Here's what I want:
- A single level of protection. No free access, no trial, just one single paid membership. (I'm using the PayPal Single Gateway.)

Here's what's happening:
1. Click on link to Buy Now and taken to a registration (not payment) form.
2. Fill it out and submit - and the form goes blank but no re-direct to payment option or anything else, just the same registration form.
3. Meanwhile the registrant is put in as a subscriber and apparently an invoice is made but no notification goes to the registrant.

All I need is a place to send people from the landing page (LeadPages) where they decide to buy, where they can in fact pay and be registered into the Membership.
Is this possible?
Please and thanks. :slight_smile:

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi Nicole

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

I have tried on my installation , there's should be a checkout page after you fill registration form. And there you will find subscribe button that would take you to payment page (paypal for example).

Would you mind grant me access to your site, so I can check what's missing on your settings ? Here's how to grant me access to your site :
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know if you have grant me access :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Nicole
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hmmm... strange... no check out page. As I mentioned it's just bringing back the empty registration page.

I just set up a Stripe account thinking maybe it will work with that and now I'm off to bed. If it doesn't work with Stripe I'll contact you back to access the site.

Thank you for your quick reply, Anang.

• Nicole

Hey guys. So I saw that nobody's had a chance to respond or even access my site and stuff's got to get done so I went ahead and spent the time to create an end around and made the membership free so the payment gateway is a moot point.

Upon testing the ability to sign up for a FREE membership the experience is the same, looping me back to a blank registration page as I demonstrated in the screen cast above.

I have checked my settings more times then I can count which leads me to believe that there must be some sort of bug.

It would be fabulous if someone on the dev side could look into this ASAP!

Thanks!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Nicole,

Sorry for such a delay on this!

I just checked this out, and the issue is that it's not logging you in automatically after registration, which is what it should be doing. The account gets created and if you login after and select the membership again then it works; however, the non automatic login breaks the sign up process.

This is almost definitely either a plugin or theme conflict. I would guess Wordfence or W3TC. Can you try deactivating those and see if it works after that? I would do it myself, but don't want to deactivate plugins or make any changes without permission. Once we know which plugin it is then we can look into a solution :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Nicole,

Thanks for doing that :slight_smile:

Would you mind disabling just the login security features of Wordfence? Via:

Wordfence > Options > uncheck "Enable Login Security".

It may be another feature of Wordfence that's causing it but that would be my first guess.

Or it might be one of the other plugins, could you try deactivating them temporarily as well?

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Glad you found the issue! Are you able to login again now? I logged in through support access without any problems.

It seems that it's the plugin for putting the FB tracking pixels in. :disappointed:

Was it added with Js or just html? Perhaps a Js conflict if it was added that way. I'm sure we could find another place to add the tracking. What is it tracking? As that may limit the places we can put it.

• Nicole

yes. i got back in.

i have no idea what Js is. I just copied and pasted the code I got from FB.

It's to track visitors who don't make it to the Registration Complete page. That's the only place it needs to go.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hmm, I tried temporarily removing the code on that page, even deactivating the script plugin, but the registration still wasn't working. Did you turn anything else off at the same time when you managed to get it working?

I've reactivated the script plugin and re-added the tracking code as well :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Try turned them all off, then reactivating one by one and testing registration after each reactivating, then when it doesn't work anymore you will know which one caused the issue. Or is that what you already did last time? Also, make sure you clear your cache and site cache as having W3TC active can delay changes if you don't.

If you like, I can go in and do this test instead. Just want to make sure you're okay with me deactivating/reactivating other plugins before I do.

and no problem, happy to help :slight_smile: Cheers

• Nicole

Hey Tyler - I'm really grateful and don't want to look a gift-horse in the mouth but it's 4:15am and I'm fading fast. I'm sure you have tons of stuff you're working on but would you mind giving me an ETA of when you'll be back to me? Not sure if i should power through or crash.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Sorry Nicole, just went off for a bit to get something to eat. Back now and have also tested the plugins/themes - still same issue for me as well. Very odd.

Did you add any custom files to your install at all or make adjustments to existing files?

Would you be able to send in your FTP or cPanel privately? Then we can do further debugging to sort out the issue quicker for you :slight_smile:

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

Sorry for all the back and forth on this one. First time I've run across this issue and it hasn't been due to plugin/theme conflict or error in the M2 setup.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your patience here.

I have troubleshooted the issue on your site and found the Wordfence plugin is generating the javascript error message on your site as shown in the attached screenshot which was causing this issue.

I resolved the issue on your site by unchecking the option "This option enables live traffic logging." in the Wordfence Options as displayed in the second attached screenshot and found now the registration is working fine.

Could you please check it and let me know how it works for you now?

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Nicole,

I have tested it again on your site and found it's working fine for me displaying memberships and registration complete pages as shown in the attached screenshots.

May be you are having browser cache issue so could you please try clearing your browser cache and using browser in incognito / private mode?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Nicole

Right. So I don't know why that is working for you and not only not for me but i just got on a Google hangout with a friend and asked them to screenshare their screen then gave them the link to register and watched as they did and were looped back to the registration page. so... any other suggestion? or do you perhaps have someone who has a computer that you havent been in as the admin on that could test the link?

• Nicole

if i do that then click the little register link under the login it allows me to register then takes me to the membership registration page. That said, there is no way that this is an answer for me. I need visitors to clearly and simply be able to purchase the membership.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Nicole,

Yes we can understand that it's not the final solution but it's working fine for us on our test sites so this seems like your server or WordPress install related issue so we have to find out what is working and what is not on your site and then we can troubleshoot it that why one thing is working on your site but not other.

We are troubleshooting the issue to find out why it's not working directly visiting the page http://www.yoursite.com/register/

We will update you ASAP.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Nicole

Gotcha.
    Thank you for searching.
    It's quite frustrating as the site is new and I hadn't done anything other than what you can simply see with it.
    I only have those few plugins and thus made the pages on LeadPages and only input into the confirmation page on the install as well as created some draft pages.
    Otherwise I input tracking pixels for my paid ads I'll be running No other modifications or tech stuff was done as I'm not a tech person so anything beyond is above my head.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Nicole,

Hope you're well today, myself and the lead developer of Membership 2, have spent a couple of hours going through this today and trying to find the problem.

We narrowed it down to caching, that the register request was actually getting redirected to a cached request, at first we thought it may have been W3TC, so we disabled that and removed the code from the .htaccess for the caching, but it still wasn't working, I've looked into cloudways and it appears they have server side caching using varnish.

You'll need to ask them to exclude the membership 2 registration urls, excluding /register/ and register/?action=register_user&step=payment_table&membership_id=14, excluding both these urls from varnish should then allow your users to register with no issues.

Also I've left W3TC disabled for now, as the server side caching can actually conflict with W3TC and other cache plugins. I've never used cloudways myself, but personally I'd recommend just using the server side caching on any form of "cloud/managed" hosting.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.