Registration and Upgrade process

Hello,

I'm pretty new to WPMU but not to Wordpress. Most of my website are built custom however...in this case I'm using Buddypress.

Using Membership and subscription plugin, I'm trying to figure out how to set this up for a smooth flow.

When someone goes to the Register page that is provided from the Membership plugin, it's not very appealing or eye-catching/attention grabbing. Something like http://blog.pandaform.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/SSpricingplans.png would be much more effective but I'm not sure how to pull together a solution like that with the provided plugins.

In addition, I'd like someone to register and then be shown the membership subscription options. Right now it doesn't appear like I can change the process - they should register for free, and then be shown upgrade options.

Help is appreciated.

• Ollie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Mate,

Yer you'll need the redirect login/logout plugins from wpmu

You may also want to install ultimate branding plugin form wpmu.

Lastly in terms of custom logins.. You can simply copy the login form and include it in a custom page template or widget if you want, that gives you some extra power to your login. Alternatively you can install a login widget that does all this for you ie Ajax Login Widget.

Cheers

• mattkoshko
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for the response!

The redirect plugin is very basic. I tried it a few minutes ago though it appears to always redirect after each login. An upgraded member doesn't need to see the upgrade page again if they're upgraded.

Scenario: Amy registers, she then logs in. She's directed to a page with upgrade/subscription options. She can choose the Free plan or an Upgraded option. When Amy come back to the site another time she won't need to see the upgrade options page immediately after login. She would be able to upgrade on her own time later, if she wasn't all ready upgraded.

• embod

Hi Matt,

I've got a similar thing I'm doing.

How I have done it is to use the redirect plugin and created a welcome page.

On the welcome page I use shortcodes

visitor ( for the free members)
    and paid

so I show one video to the paid members that then directs them to their content or next action step and show the visitor a subscribe button.

Maybe you could do something similar. Could create say the visitor level, visitor 2nd vist,then paid perhaps? Not ideal but might be a work around you could play with.

I've found no way to send different levels to different welcome pages.
    Cheers
    Em

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

There currently isn't a way to reverse the registration, where they register, then choose their package.

Making a different registration page would require some varying levels of development, depending on how custom you want. The example you linked to would require a good amount of custom development.

• mattkoshko

@embed How are you controlling that they only see the welcome page on the first login? You mentioned "Could create say the visitor level, visitor 2nd vist,then paid perhaps?" but isn't the Login Redirect plugin always going to redirect them on every login?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.