Registration, Buddypress, and Invite Codes

Hi. I've asked this question before, but let me rephrase it.

My Membership site has one New Member membership level. I am using Buddypress too.
I have activated the Invitation Codes Addon (to stop spammers), and the Buddypress Integration Addon. However, the Buddypress Addon means no Invitation Code is required to Register.

Conversely, with the normal Membership2 Registration, the registration process goes in a circle, and never gets to the Registration Complete page.

Can I ask for some direct help on this please, as it's driving me nuts?

I have reactivated Support access, and the site was previously accessed by Vaughan and Michael Bisset.

Thank you for your help.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @stephen_o_donnell0,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I've tried installing Membership and BuddyPress and even then I was asked for the invitation code to get access to that membership.
    Can you make sure that your membership is assigned to that coupon code.
    If that is the case can you try doing the basic troubleshooting by disabling your other plugins and leave only BP and M2 active so you can see if it works in that case.

As for the registration process where users are redirected back to memberships page after the registration, we have notified the developer about this issue happening with latest version and we are expecting the update to be released soon.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• stephen_o_donnell0
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Predrag, thank you for replying.

I'm afraid your answer doesn't help me.

The BuddyPress Addon enable registration via the Buddypress assigned Register page, but then does not call for the invitation code.

I'd prefer to use the Membership Register page, and Invitation code, but that process does not complete. Is it possible to have a staff member access the site, and correct the settings please?

Thank you.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @stephen_o_donnell0,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tested on your site by temporary activating the "BuddyPress Integration" add-on and found the invitation code is requested as shown in the attached screenshot. It's also requesting the invitation code when the "BuddyPress Integration" add-on is deactivated.

Please advise.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• stephen_o_donnell0
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

In what sequence are registrees supposed to view which screens?
    When clicking "Register" should they see the "Memberships available, then select one, click Signup, and proceed to the Registration form?

On my site they get
    1. Memberships select, click Signup
    2. Complete Registration form
    3. Another Membership Select screen
    4. Enter Invitation Code screen - which then displays "Using invitation code RECONVERSE15." and asks me to signup again.
    5. Another Membership select screen.
    6. And repeat, and repeat.

You would have seen this, if you had tried to register on the website. At no point does a visitor get to the Registration Complete screen.

Can I ask you to check the registration process please, and fix it, or tell me specifically how to fix it myself?

So far, you haven't helped me at all.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.