Registration button not working

Hi Tammy -

When clicking the "join us" (registration) button on the daily/buddypress theme, it appears that the action fires, but a registration form is not presented to the user.

I had a number of plugins installed, deactivited them, deactivated buddy press, toggled the "show sign-up box" to 'no', re-activated buddy press, toggled the "show sign-up box" to 'yes' -- all to no avail.

The plugins that were installed but deactivated are:

- Facebook social widgets
- Follow me
- Google Analytics for WP
- Recently Popular
- Sexy Bookmarks
- Twitter tools

We're in a little bit of stealth/underground mode, so i'd like to share this with you privately if possible.

I also have a number of other questions regarding customization of the theme, but will save those for another time/private message.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@pabloroboto: It's going to be one of a few things.

1. Plugins - turn them all and see if issue occurs still
    2. You've not turned on the registration
    3. Something else we'll know if can rule out those 2 first things :slight_smile:

If you can have a look at those 2 things and get back to me that would be great thank you.

• pabloroboto
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Tammie -

1. I had already turned them all off including toggling of buddypress (see above)
    2. I have turned registration in the General settings section (n00b mistake was not on) .. but registration still doesn ot work.

Thx

• pabloroboto
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

looks like i'm good to go. the problem was (2) - registration not enabled in general settings (duh) and .. I was alrady logged in with my admin credentials and tried to "register" after enabling registration.

For other uses, what may be confusing:

(a) if logged in I still get the "register" option/button on the front page. Is there anyway to disable this?

(b) the registration page has a spot to register or login with the login text reading: "To start connecting please log in first. You can also create an account." with the create a count hyperlinked to the same page.

I'll have more questions later as we go to launch ... love the theme, hope to be able to customize some additional things.

cheers -

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.