Registration complete shoing in primary menu

Hi - I installed the plugin without difficulty but the notification PAGES the plugin uses to show registration completion etc are showing in the primary menu (see website http://www.bebodysmart.co.uk) under memberships.
I have tried switching off the various Protected Content plugin pages using the green toggles in the Protected Content | Settings menu, but this has no effect. See Screenshot
my direct email is sales@calcouk.com
Can you help please?
Warmest regards Ron

• Michael Bissett

Hey @elro, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Inside your site's Dashboard, if you go to:

Appearance -> Menus

Are you seeing the "Protected Content" & "Registration Complete" pages showing up in the header menu?

If you'd like me to have a closer look at this for you, could you please enable Support Access to your site, as laid out in the guide below:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @elro! :slight_smile:

Having a look inside your site here, I noticed that while you had created a custom menu inside of:

Appearance -> Menus

That menu was never assigned a menu location.

Given the way you have things set up presently though, I ended up doing the following:

- Created two menus, one for visitors, and one for members
    - Created a "guest" membership (designed to show content only to visitors, aka logged out users)
    - Assigned the "Visitor" menu as the default menu
    - Enabled the "Advanced menu protection" add-on, and set it to "Replace individual menus"
    - Set up the "Members" menu to replace the "Visitor" menu when logged in as a member

How does it look presently? :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

• elro

Good morning Michael
    Thank you for working on my website.
    I'm kinda lost now. Is
    Memberships Register Account the "normal" options to have with this plugin. In other words Why is Memberships the top level option and Register | Account the secondary?
    i.e. what does Memberships do?
    Next ..
    I logged in using my monthly paid for account

(login details removed for security by moderator)

But the restricted content (all the videos) didn't become available?
    Will this come back in a minute or are you waiting for me to reply before doing something further/
    Summary
    The menu looks great now
    The videos are still restricted even though I am logged in using the above credentials
    Thank and warmest regards
    elro

• elro

Good morning Michael
    I received the following email from PayPal -can you advise please.

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:
    http://www.bebodysmart.co.uk/ms-payment-return/paypalstandard
    If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.
    Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.
    Yours sincerely,
    PayPal

• Michael Bissett

Hey @elro! :slight_smile:

I'm kinda lost now. Is
    Memberships Register Account the "normal" options to have with this plugin. In other words Why is Memberships the top level option and Register | Account the secondary?
    i.e. what does Memberships do?

To borrow from the settings page for Protected Content:

Memberships: A list with all public memberships.
    Register: Guests can register a new account here.
    Account: Shows details about the current user.

I logged in using my monthly paid for account
    But the restricted content (all the videos) didn't become available?
    Will this come back in a minute or are you waiting for me to reply before doing something further/

While I'm seeing that the menu isn't showing all of the videos, I am seeing that your videos are indeed accessible when I visit the main videos page.

Could you please re-enable Support Access to your site, so I can check that menu?

I received the following email from PayPal -can you advise please.

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:
    http://www.bebodysmart.co.uk/ms-payment-return/paypalstandard
    If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information.

Try changing that payment URL to:

http://www.bebodysmart.co.uk/ms-payment-return/paypal-standard

And let me know if that gets this working again please. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.