registration emails not sent to new users

Hi, I try to create new wpmu, in this domain the registration email not sent. After not finding solution I delete the account and start from the begining, I check that regestration email with the same domain before install the MU and it work then install the mu and the email system work for recover lost passward but not for new users registration. there is no plugin or theme on that account. If someone have an idea what happen I will be very happy to know, Thanks

• aecnu

Greetings galdo,

Thank you for the question but i need some clarification to try to understand what you are referring to.

From what I understand with a regular WordPress installation the email activation goes out when a new user signs up but when you make it into a MultiSite this particular email is no longer sent?

Are you running any other plugins or is it a fresh install?

Are you using two completely different browser? One for development and one for testing? i.e Firefox to develop and Chrome to test?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings galdo,

Thank you for the additional input and unfortunately I cannot replicate this behavior on my test production server - the new account registration activation email comes right through: http://aecnuwpmu.us/

Only chrome for development

This may indeed be the issue since the site will see you have a cookie for it already etc. and recognizes you as the super admin.

Please post the URL to the site so that I can do a first hand test.

Cheers, Joe

• galdo

Hi Joe,
    Thank you for back to me, after few time that I delete the all website and reinstall and then test at each step of the installation which mean before MU install and after and before each theme and plugin, I use plugin call SMTP before all other plugin and themes and it only work with the server setting not with gmail setting but it finally work. I still don't know what happen as I install a lot of MU website with the same server and the same plugins and with this specific domain there was problem. any way it is fix now.
    Maybe it is something connect to cookie, I really don't know.
    Thanks again

• aecnu

Greetings galdo,

Thank you for letting us know and being in support I see freaky items like this that just affect one site - these are indeed bizarre occurrences when they happen and it appears that there is not one single cure for those issues.

In any event, I am happy to know that this is now working for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT week ahead!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.