Registration error

I am having problems with registration. I get this error on this site:http://supply-networks-that-learn.com

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WP_User::WP_User() in /home/beyondes/public_html/supplynetworksthatlearn/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.membership.php on line 23

• Jonathan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@dustinmattison,

That seems to be an error that an older version of membership plugin would cause using wordpress 3.2+. Just check to insure you are using membership 2.0.7 as that is the latest version and solved the error you are recieving.

• Jonathan

@dustinmattison,

Looks like updates has been deactivated. Are you using some sort of security plugin? Have you made changes to your wp-config.php. Are you... okay there is a long list of possible causes. Lets get those covered first :wink:

An example: This code added to your wp-config.php file will lock those update options.
    define('DISALLOW_FILE_MODS',true);

• dustinmattison

I don't have any plugins enabled. Here is the wp-config section,

define('WPLANG', '');

/**
     * For developers: WordPress debugging mode.
     * Change this to true to enable the display of notices during development.
     * It is strongly recommended that plugin and theme developers use WP_DEBUG
     * in their development environments.
     */
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    define( 'MULTISITE', true );
    define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true );
    $base = '/';
    define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'supply-networks-that-learn.com' );
    define( 'PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
    define( 'SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
    define( 'BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
    define( 'SUNRISE' , 'on' );
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

/** Absolute path to the WordPress directory. */
    if ( !defined('ABSPATH') )
    	define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/');

/** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */
    require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php');
  • Jonathan

Damn! Forgot to ask if you were using network or single install.

Okay network: You've got to activate it. I'm not near my mu install, but off the top of my head.
    Network Admin > Settings > scroll down to plugins checkbox and tick it. Save settings and you should be good to go.

Warning, by activating it, it activates it for all admins network wide. That is why it is generally disabled.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

@Jonathan That would hide the whole plugins menu, no? Can't remember exactly as I've never seriously used it but that's my assumption.

Anyway... you also seem to have duplicate plugins there. Check your /wp-content/plugins folder to make sure you don't have multiple plugins listed. They may be nested inside each other.

Phil

• Jonathan

@Jonathan That would hide the whole plugins menu, no? Can't remember exactly as I've never seriously used it but that's my assumption.

Phil, to tell you the truth, I can't remember. (I'm not on form today - lol - must be friday) Now that you mention it - I think you are right - hides the plugin menu (I haven't used it for a long time). I'm not near my mu test install so can't check it :slight_frown: (i don't want to log into any live sites)

The inability to edit / upload plugins has definitely been deactivated. Same behavior that DISALLOW_FILE_MODS does. But since this isn't present and no security type plugins are activated - I'm at a loss...

Its probably something stupid easy, just haven't placed my finger on it...

@dustinmattison,

Phil is the man - you're in good hands :wink:

• Jonathan

Lol - its a network site. Sorry guys, It's a friday. You can't upload plugins on subsites. Only super admins have that ability via network admin. This is the built in functionality when wordpress is turned into a network.

So @dustinmattison, you were 100% correct to upload it via network admin and

Am I not supposed to be able to edit from the site admin?

Yip, that functionality is lost when single wordpress install becomes network.

Hope the new uploaded membership worked out for ya - no more errors :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.