Registration Form Doesn't Submit

I’ve been beating my brain for the last hour trying to get your plugin to work on this site and it just refuses to do so. Registration fails every time. I’ve removed all non-essential plugins, leaving only the needed ones remaining (as in, plugins that I absolutely require for this site to function for the intended design). I’ve disabled caching systems, my CDN, all minification and compression stuff. It’s as bare bones now as I can allow it to be…. still won’t work.

Membership Pro 2 will not sign anybody up. You cannot submit your registration details, because the page will just refresh on you without sending the form. In the past I’ve had this issue, it was a caching problem. That can’t be the case this time, because I’ve already tested it all with everything disabled, including my CDN, and it’s still failing. I’ve also tried disabling everything I need active as well (but keep the same theme) and it still fails. I will not change themes for your plugin, especially on a live site, so that’s not something I’ve tested.

The server hosting the site is running Nginx.

I know this is my fault that I’m in a hurry… but I just started a contest, and people are trying to register and failing to do so. Take a look at this page. It has the contest, but more importantly, it has the links to register so you can see for yourself: http://hottipsmedia.com/2016/11/18/hottips-holiday-giveaway-announcement-details/

I’ve enabled support access on this domain already. Please help me. I’m feeling helpless right now. You have permission to do whatever you want to test this out and get it working. Thanks.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Charlie Pryor,

hope you’re doing good and thanks for reaching us!

I just went ahead and experienced this issue in registration form. It seems that there’s no error in console though, so WP_DEBUG may reveal more to us. Could you please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by trying to register a new test user. By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

If this won’t reveal much, a theme/plugin conflict test has to done I’m afraid as I can see that there’re already ~30 plugins activated and your theme may interfere also. I fully understand that this can’t be done in a live website, that’s why you should consider either

a) use a “under construction” plugin while testing, you can find a bunch in w.org https://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=under+construction

b) create a staging environment, meaning an exact copy of your website to another location/folder in the same server which could be used for this kind of testing like a plugin/theme conflict test.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Charlie,

there are only two references in debug log file, both of which are simple notices.

I believe that they’re minor ones though, and some testing could be done.

“WP-reCAPTCHA-bp” and “Entry Views”, if you could quickly deactivate them and test once more?

The reCaptcha plugin especially was something that I was thinking that might do the damage here.

If this is the conflict here, you may want to try an alternative solution like this one

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-recaptcha-integration/

Our alternative path now becomes the full conflict test which requires either a “maintenance mode” or a staging site.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• Charlie Pryor
    • The Incredible Code Injector

After disabling the reCAPTCHA plugin, the form works. – I was wanting this to prevent spam, and utilizing it with the WPMU DEV add-on, as this was the plugin that yours recommended I use (it wouldn’t let me activate the add-on without it).

What do you recommend I utilize for reCAPTCHA here then, with Membership? The Membership Pro 2 plugin doesn’t seem to allow me to use the add-on with this other plugin you’ve linked.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Charlie!

The plugin that my colleague Dimitris suggested should work for you well however in order to use it you will want to disable the “reCaptch” add-on on “Membership 2 -> Add-ons” page.

Steps would be:

– disable reCaptcha add on

– install and enable suggested plugin

– connect the plugin to your Google reCaptcha account (providing Site and Secret keys)

– on plugin’s (WP reCaptcha Integration plugin) page make sure that “signup” form is enabled.

I have just double checked this on my setup and this way it works fine.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.