Registration forms & payments with affiliate

Hi,

I had installed the plugin, created few people as affiliates, and i can see on the reports the unique clicks, but how can i see who registered through the form on the page? How do I conect it to the affiliate system?

I'd also like to know if I can connect payments to the system if the payment is via external link.

Thanks
Ahrale

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Ahrale,

Using affiliates by itself will only track clicks. Are you using it with Membership, Pro Sites, MarketPress or Directory? This is when it would actually record a sale.

If you're not using any of these plugins, you could enable the Membership affiliate add-on without Membership present and it will still track registration numbers, but it won't keep track of who specifically referred them.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hey,

Tracking payments with other software would require an add-on for affiliates to be created for that specific software. For example, the MarketPress affiliates add-on hooks into the MarketPress payment process and watches for payments. Then if there is a tracking cookie present, it records that payment with the affiliate user.

So to use a third party system, an add-on will need to be created that links the two together, or somehow notifies Affiliates of the payment.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.