Registration of Subsites on subsites

Hello,

I am wondering is there anyway to "disable" or hide the ability for subsites to create new subsites?

When a new user goes to register an account on subsite1.mainsite.com it is showing the "Yes, I'd like to create a new site" option to them. I would like to only allow them to register a new account. But if they go to the main site it will give them the option to create a new site.

Thanks.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi there,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

When a new user goes to register an account on subsite1.mainsite.com it is showing the "Yes, I'd like to create a new site" option to them. I would like to only allow them to register a new account. But if they go to the main site it will give them the option to create a new site.

Registrations are always done on the main site of your network. So if the registrations are open on the main network site, the users will be able to create sites from the subsites, but it's only the link which will be visible, the registrations will still be done on the main site only.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• cikez
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sorry I forgot to clarify a few things.

Currently all registrations are done on a PER site basis due to how I am have my network setup. I am not forwarding user registration to the main site.

I am doing this by using the plugin Join My Multisite.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

I have not used the plugin you are using before however did you try setting up the Network Settings to

"Only registered users can create sites" and see if that helps ?

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the delay here as I was not well for a couple of days.

It actually makes it to where it now displays "User registration is currently not allowed.".

I am not following that 100% and need to have a closer look.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• cikez
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you for your response but I figured this out on my own. What I did was is just hide the "Create a blog" part on a per theme basis. In my custom BuddyPress CSS I Just set the div of that part of the site to "display: none".

Hopefully this will help anyone else that may want to make these modifications.

Thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.