Registration Page Conflict between Membership 2 Pro and BuddyPress

BuddyPress uses a page that is also used as a Membership page by Membership 2.
Please assign a different page for either Membership 2 or BuddyPress to avoid conflicts.

11 - Registration

How do I assign a different page for M2P?
Do I need to create a new page first? Should it be blank?

• Jeremy

Hi, Jude, thanks for the quick and helpful response!

I have three follow up questions if you don't mind:
    1. now I got another permanent nag message, is there any way to dismiss it?

The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Register. Repair

2. What exactly does the BuddyPress Integration do? I have turned it on.

3. While in the add-on section, I noticed that there is a MailChimp integration add-on. If I activate that, do I still need the stand-alone Mailchimp integration plugin also found in your catalogue?

Thanks!

Jeremy

• Michael Bissett

Hey Jeremy, Michael here, working alongside Jude. :slight_smile:

1. now I got another permanent nag message, is there any way to dismiss it?

The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Register. Repair

You'd want to create a separate page (a dummy page) and assign that as the Register page for BuddyPress.

2. What exactly does the BuddyPress Integration do? I have turned it on.

You can configure the following rules, for protection by a membership:

And, with the "Use BuddyPress Registration" option enabled, Membership 2 Pro will use BuddyPress's registration page template, instead of it's own.

So instead of this:

You get this:

3. While in the add-on section, I noticed that there is a MailChimp integration add-on. If I activate that, do I still need the stand-alone Mailchimp integration plugin also found in your catalogue?

That would depend on what your needs are, and whether the add-on, or the standalone plugin, would more closely serve your needs. :slight_smile:

The add-on would allow you to choose whether:

- unregistered users,
    - members,
    - and former members

Would be added to a MailChimp list (and if so, which one?).

The plugin, on the other hand, would allow you to provide a MailChimp signup form on the page (by shortcode, as well as by widget), and also auto-optin any new users registered on the site (any new users, not just those with memberships).

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.