Registration page for BuddyPress overrides Membership Registration page.

Hi there. I’ve got WordPress 3.3.1 with Membership Premium 2.1.4 and BuddyPress installed. The site has free and paid subscriptions.

When I set the Registration page in Membership, everything works normally. You enter your username, name password and email address and the button says “Sign-Up” and clicking it takes you to the subscription page where users can select a free or paid subscription.

In BuddyPress, when I set the Registration page to the same page as Membership (the page has the same short code), BuddyPress overrides the signup form. The form looks almost the same, but the button says “Complete Signup” and it just signs up for a free subscriber account. It never takes the user to the subscription page.

How do I get them to coexist happily, and use the right form?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi russellweller,

The two wouldn’t be able to co-exist per se. You’ll basically need to disable the standard registration in order for Membership to take over.

Basically, you wouldn’t need the BuddyPress registration page when using Membership though. If you merely don’t refer to it, that may be sufficient. Have you tried that?

-David

• russellweller
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi David. Thanks for the response. You’re right in that I really don’t need the buddypress membership page. Unfortunately, when a visitor goes to do something that requires you to be logged in (posting a comment for example), any registration links go to whatever is set in the buddy press panel, as the buddy press setting overrides the wordpress links.

So really, it seems like Membership should override any buddy press AND wordpress register links.

• russellweller
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So I also found that the My Profile pages are also separate. They don’t conflict, as the Registration pages do, but it’s weird for subscribers to go to one page to upgrade their membership, and another My Profile page to handle all of their BuddyPress info.

Just seems like they could coexist a little better.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey RusselWeller, hope you are well.

So really, it seems like Membership should override any buddy press AND wordpress register links.

If each plugin overwrites the next, it could become a lot messier to debug issues. It would also keep adding higher loads on websites as each function runs and over rules another.

Depending on the theme, you can change signup and registration links, If the theme doesn’t give an option for this in the admin, then you could look to change the code.

Thank you for your feedback on this, it really is appreciated! :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.