registration process

Not all MPUDEV-Members are developers. That's why I like to ask for simple solutions:
1) a) How can I modify the registration form? I need some address fields for sending an invoice.
b) The registration form must also have an "I agree to the terms" field. I want to add some text (explanation and link to the terms).
2) Is it possible to have a double opt-in feature for mail verification? I like to presevt mail spam. It's also necessacy to be conform with our law system.
1+2 are functions that work in other plugins, e. g. G-Lock-Double Opt-in manager. It should be easy for a developer to implement these things (?).

3) When a membership expires after a certain time: In the member's panel I cannot find the dates for starting/expiring. Can you add them? What can a member do if he wants to prolong his membership? There should be an option (button) for him. This is my personal suggestion only :wink:

I tested registering a new member. I'm the administrator but I did not get a notification mail about the new member. But I have to activate his account. Activation is a good/useful function because I want to have money first :wink:

4) How can I make the login page a bit nicer (branding)?
5) Can you suggest a plugin (sidebar widget) for logging in?

6) After sending the registration for there is no "Thank you" message (reg. page displayed only) How can I modify this?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello hapkemedia,

Not all MPUDEV-Members are developers. That's why I like to ask for simple solutions:

Well said! Seeing as you have quite a few questions here, I'm going to break the response down just a bit to try and simplify a few things.

1) a) How can I modify the registration form? I need some address fields for sending an invoice.
    b) The registration form must also have an "I agree to the terms" field. I want to add some text (explanation and link to the terms).

Registration form customization isn't currently possible with Membership apart from custom coding. We're currently discussing the registration fields in another thread and I'll post something here to that effect once we've got it all clarified in that thread.

I should mention that though, that BuddyPress can be used to provide all the registration fields you want, all customizable from your admin area. And using Membership, you could easily restrict access to all other BuddyPress features so it would essentially be invisible. It may seem a bit much to use BuddyPress for that purpose, but it does work, and potentially, it might provide a few features you'd like as well.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

2) Is it possible to have a double opt-in feature for mail verification? I like to presevt mail spam. It's also necessacy to be conform with our law system.
    1+2 are functions that work in other plugins, e. g. G-Lock-Double Opt-in manager. It should be easy for a developer to implement these things (?).

It would definitely be possible for a developer to implement those things and I can check with the developer on those possibilities for a future release, though for immediate use, you might consider posting to the job area regarding custom work to that effect.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

You could also contact us via our contact form regarding such customization:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

3) When a membership expires after a certain time: In the member's panel I cannot find the dates for starting/expiring. Can you add them? What can a member do if he wants to prolong his membership? There should be an option (button) for him. This is my personal suggestion only :wink:

I tested registering a new member. I'm the administrator but I did not get a notification mail about the new member. But I have to activate his account. Activation is a good/useful function because I want to have money first :wink:

Those are a few things we're working toward, though those features are not available at this point. As I mentioned above, you may be able to get this done rather easily through custom work if you need it done immediately.

4) How can I make the login page a bit nicer (branding)?
    5) Can you suggest a plugin (sidebar widget) for logging in?

The login is the standard WordPress login and can be customized however you like. As far as login widgets, you could search over at wordpress.org or directly through your admin area and find a variety of sidebar and other logins. I happen to use Theme My Login rather often, personally.
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-my-login/

6) After sending the registration for there is no "Thank you" message (reg. page displayed only) How can I modify this?

There should at least be the standard confirmation email from WordPress. Are you not receiving anything at all after the registration is completed?

Cheers,
    David

• hapkemedia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you for replying! Well, I think about this: Wait until you provide some of the features I need.
    6) Yes, the mails arrived rather late :wink:

I already tested Wishlistmember. But the developers couldn't bring it to work on my webspace themselves, they refunded. A membership plugin is very complex, but it must work of course. Wish you much luck for your release, I'll come back if there are the necessary features. I also try to use Buddy Press as "dmallonee" advised.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

The optimal way would be to delete the original files via FTP and then copy over the new files. I've achieved updates like this via the Admin area myself in the past, it's just that the FTP is more reliable.

[EDIT: I believe this one is auto-update capable as well, so using the Update Notifications plugin you should be able to auto-update right from your admin area, though again FTP is still preferable.]

• hapkemedia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Updating the plugin was easy, thank you.
    Now I have tested it a bit.
    When I will use this plugin I need to have more registration fields AND double opt-in (confirmation of mail address). Or I use another plugin for this functions (e. g. G-Lock double opt-in manager) and add all new users manually.

I use shortcode in this example: http://www.exklusivtext.de/test-post.
    The category "Mitglieder" is free (positive rule for strangers). Shortcode "insider" does not work. This shortcode is not active in the positive rule.

Can Mason log in and have a look?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya hapkemedia,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.