Registration process getting stuck on 'select a level' - also hiding public pages

Hello!
I've just installed the latest membership plugin, and I've run into two issues.

1. Can't get passed the registration page where it asks to select a membership level. Even though there is only one level, and it has been set up to be the default. It doesn't provide any links to select the membership level, and it should be here in the first place. It should just go to the confirmation.

2.Even though I have created a membership level for: public for all 'strangers' to the site, and activated all the public page, this plugin is not showing some content in the home page slider for those featured pages (yes, they are checked in that public level) - they should be visible. Instead it shows a page that is not even set to to be 'featured' .

3. The other thing is that the link on this registration page that says 'already have an account? Login here" is linked to the default WP login, and not the custom login page - am I supposed to use an htaccess redirect to fix this?

I have also tested this plugin with the default twentyeleven theme. And the registration page does the same thing.

But I hope that the slider on the home page isn't conflicting with this plugin.

Any help would be appreciated!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi ddpWeb and first off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

The subscription process would show links if you've got any Subscription Plans activated and made public. Could you please verify you've got at least one active and made public?

You would likely need to activate the Free gateway in this case as well.

For the slider issue, could I get you to create a new thread on that one? It'll really help to have that specific issue separated to focus on it.

The login link does link to the standard WordPress login, as Membership merely relies on the WordPress login rather than providing a specialized login. That actually works out as a benefit because you can use any number of choices for customizing the login.

There's some good discussion on that specifically in the following thread if you'd like to have a look:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-plugin-login-feature

-David

• ddpWeb
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks David!

I've actually just figured out part of the issue. Which was that I hadn't yet set up the 'Free Subscription' add on, and activate it. this fixed the registration issue.

Thanks for the info on the custom login page. I know how I can fix this piece.

I'll start a different thread for the slider.

thank you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.