Registration Process: Give message to new users to check email for confirmation step

Hiya!

My first user just signed up (with me on the phone with him).

He was able to signup and then saw the avatar upload process. Upon uploading his avatar, and saving it, he got a message "avatar uploaded successfully".

..but that's it.

He had no idea what to do next, and assumed that the signup process never worked.

There was no message clearly telling him to "Check your email now to complete registration! You cannot log in until you've confirmed your registration by clicking on the link we sent you to your email address."

How can I create such a message?

* Can I create a page that he would be redirected to upon signup?
* Can I simply implement a message on the page that shows the avatar upload process?

Thanks so much!

It's been a lot of fun building the site with your themes, plugins and WPMU / BP. All your help has been invaluable.

Todd

• Tammie

@toddfarmer: I just did a comparison between scholar and the default buddypress theme and it's giving the same message at the page to upload your avatar:

You have successfully created your account! To begin using this site you will need to activate your account via the email we have just sent to your address.

This is not a theme issue therefore.

I'm not sure how you create a message like you are saying perhaps by editing the text that is shown you could do so or by adding another page to the process (there could be a plugin to do that but unsure).