Registration process question

Hopefully you all enjoyed your weekend.
I wanted to let you know one thing that I am noticing as I am trailing the new account process. When I select the register button, it takes me to the regular registration page (see screenshot), but when I select one of the membership options it takes me to another page where I have to select it again (see the other screenshot). Is there anyway we could have that step removed?

Thanks again.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Meredith,

This is because you have pricing tables on Memebership registration page. Your pricinga tables should be separate page and in orginal registration page should be shortcode

[ms-membership-signup]

without that shortcode flow of registration process is broken. So membership and registration page from membership have to be as they were - with orginal shortcodes - and pricing table page has to be separate one that is not added as registration page in membership settings.

Let me know if this works for you.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Meredith
    • The Bug Hunter

I monkeyed around with the settings and it seems to be working now. Do you think by having the registration page shortcode be set but never in use in the navigation, it will lead to any issues? The individual memberships are attached to that pricing table so it makes things a bit complex.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Meredith,

Do you think by having the registration page shortcode be set but never in use in the navigation, it will lead to any issues?

No, there should be no issues there - that page will be only "triggered" only for registration process. Because it wont be accessible from navigation then users should not get directly to it - they will see in only by going through pricing tables page.
    You will need to make sure thou that login form does not have registration link - so use login shortcode like that

[ms-membership-login register="no"]

because that link will lead to Membership registration page.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Meredith
    • The Bug Hunter

Okay that's perfect, thanks. One more thing.

When I open a browser and log in for the first time it takes me to the account page, but if I log out and log back in it takes me to the dashboard, and if I log into another account it takes me to the dashboard. But as soon as I close out the browser and open it back up to login it takes me to the accounts page for the first login. Does that make sense? Unfortunately, most users will only login the first time and so they will always be sent to the accounts page.
    It took me a while to figure out that this was what was happening, and hopefully my description makes sense. If not let me know.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Meredith,

Thanks for describing the total issue in details. You can always define where your users should be taken after login by enabling the "Redirect Control" addon. To enable this addon, please go to "Dashboard > Membership 2 > Addons" section. From there, you can enable it. After enabling, go to "Dashboard > Membership 2 > Settings > Redirect" section and from there you can set where your users will always be taken after login. In this way, you can resolve your issue I believe.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.