Registration Redirect Issues

Here is my registration page:
http://attorneys.us/register-2/

Sometimes when you click "Sign Up" you are correctly redirected to a page that allows you to enter in a coupon, like screenshot 1. However sometimes you are redirected to a user signup page, like screenshot 2.

The URL is the same in both cases.

Why is this happening?

• Ollie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

View source or paste this into chrome

view-source:http://attorneys.us/register-2/?action=registeruser&subscription=3

No headers, no styles, no body/html tags.. Something going on with your template as it's only loading the contents of registration... Need to include

<?php get_header(); ?>
    your content page
    <?php get_footer(); ?>

Cheers

• Ollie

Hey @troycdunn

I understand what you are saying completely however if it's not working then what does it really matter...? Worse case; do it at off-peak times for your site... Otherwise you need to duplicate to a testing server and try it out there...

These are standard troubleshooting techniques that must be tried in order to identify the underlying problem, if you're not keen to do that then there is not much more that can be added here....

Personally I run a testing server for every live instance I have and I supply the clients with that testing server free of charge on a cheap shared server that allows for unlimited domains (unless they want to stage it on their own VPS servers for consistency, in which case extra ram and disk space may need to be purchased)... I've seen competitors charge their clients for testing server space on their own server which I find very distasteful and bad business...

If you need a good testing server hosting company just let me know and I'll send a link.

Cheers

• Ollie

I managed to fix this using a one page column template, don't know why it's working that way, must have something to do with ajax and the sidebar... Weird.

Anyways that might be a quick fix for you...

A feature that could help fix this problem (and I'd prefer to do it this way anyways) is have the ability to remove the ajax on shortcode based subscription buttons..

Cheers

• Troy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

HA! I figured out what was happening here.

I am using Gravity forms to handle the Wordress user sign-up. When I'm logged in and I access the page it recognizes that I'm already a user and displays a well formatted page. However, when I was testing in the other browsers, I by by-passing the sign-up step and wasn't logged in, so the Membership plugin was trying to get a user signed in and therefore displays a page I never properly formatted.

Thanks for your thoughts here Billzy!

• Ollie

Thanks @Patrick much appreciated as always =D

Great to hear Troy fixed his problems. That's odd how we had the same problem but caused from different reasons.

I only found a work around solution for my issue so it suggests I have a bug somewhere hidden my template. Going to take awhile to track that one down I think. In any case I got mine working.

Would be good if we could get a feature improvement request for shortcode buttons to include an option that allows us to open in new page or use ajax when subscribing to subscriptions on custom pages using shortcodes (like how we have the option to do it on the signup page, just cant do it for custom pages atm)...

Unless there is a way to do this already and I've missed something?

Cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.