Regretably going to have to ask for a refund.

Hey.

I just had my subscription renewed for a month at 99$ and I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to ask for a refund.

Main reason is Upfronts inability to play nice with visual composer and the lack of a custom post types editing option. Those two functions account for the vast majority of what I need in a webdev tool so if it can't fulfill either of them I can't use it.

What I'm going to be using ongoing is Headway, It's lacking alot of things that I see in upfront that I like but it has the ability to easily edit layouts for custom post types and plays nice with visual composer. For me these are killer features.

If those two things get sorted out in UpFront I'd be back in a flash but for now it's too much money for something that doesn't fulfill my primary need.

Thanks.
-Ben

• Jude

Hey @benstacey

Hope you are doing great !!

We are sorry that upfront does not work great for your requirements. Better CPT support is already underway. Also its designed to work as a standalone product as a front end replacement for drag and drop editors like VC .. which require back and forth to check when changes are made.

That said you are protected by a 30 day guarantee so contacting the accounts dept here will get you the refund and maybe a deal thrown in as well with it.

Select "I have a billing question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned correctly. Some one from our accounts department will get in touch shortly

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Cheers
    Jude

• benstacey

Thanks Jude.

I appreciate the help.

Here's just my 2cents regarding Visual composer.

Why would you completely negate the massive eco-system of functionality that comes with visual composer? Alot of my clients are starting to mention this as a requirement for projects, they want the user friendly and familiar interface across multiple sites with very specific functionality that can usually be found via a visual composer addon. Even for the low tech saavy of them the backend editor hasn't been a problem. I get the inclination for "we could do it better" but is wpmu-dev expecting to be able to effectively rival the breadth of the VC eco-system? At least having an option to integrate it would be great a'la X-theme.

Thanks again.
    - Ben

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.